FW190 D-9, 1:48 Tamiya - Centurion3RTR

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Comin' along nicely John. Not seen a two-tone truck before but I guess that would happen if time/resources weren't available.

Gern

F

Fenlander

Those ICM figures are really nice aren't they? I will have to get that set or a future project. I read part of a review for a Tamiya kit today and it appears that ICM made the figures that come in the Tamiya kit, not a bad endorsement eh?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Taking shape nicely now John, glad the figures arrived safely.

Keep it up, Blue!

Ron

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
It is taking shape Ron, that much so i'm going the get another Opel sometime. Right this one still needs the lights putting in and inside the canvas needs painting then it's onto them fantastic ICM figures and the dio. The base will have alot of wood for the 190 to sit on and i have a bag full of small plastic strips that need the grain putting in (what have i let mysalf in for).

:grinball2: John

View attachment 23236

View attachment 23237

View attachment 23238

View attachment 23239

Photo391..jpg

Photo393..jpg

Photo390..jpg

Photo392..jpg

D

dubster72

The Opel looks great John-I really like the faded/dusty effect on the lower areas. Have you though of using balsa wood for the FW to sit on? Or those wooden stirrers from Starbuck et al could be used-nothing's cheaper than for free!

Patrick

C

Cov1

Looking great John, a full Luftwaffe dio to boot this is going to look so :cool2:

Cheers Ade

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
The Opel looks great John-I really like the faded/dusty effect on the lower areas. Have you though of using balsa wood for the FW to sit on? Or those wooden stirrers from Starbuck et al could be used-nothing's cheaper than for free!Patrick
That's assuming neither Ron nor Scott have been anywhere near your local Starbucks of course! LOL.

Gern

PS Trust me not to notice your truck was two tone only 'cos you hadn't finished painting it! A Homer moment.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Patrick, that would be too easy mate lol but to be honest, i forgot all about balsa wood.

Ade, cheers me old mucker.

Dave, i'll not say anything mate, we've all done it lol.

Thanks, John

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Just thought i'd let you lot know that i have not forgot about my 190 build, i've just had some time away from all models. Don't ask me why but, i lost my "fun" , but now i'm back on the job with glue in hand.

Back having fun, John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Just thought i'd let you lot know that i have not forgot about my 190 build, i've just had some time away from all models. Don't ask me why but, i lost my "fun" , but now i'm back on the job with glue in hand.Back having fun, John
Good to see you back in the groove John. Sometimes it's good to have a break for whatever reason, otherwise it starts to get, dare I say 'Boring and all consuming' if you follow what I mean!

Ron

Me? I was travelling a bit.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Here we go, i'm back on the case. Got some figures painted and i've added a Kubelwagen too (sorry, i was in the shop and i needed it lol), going to get the base dont in the next few days. The last photo is for Ron

Have fun, John

View attachment 15310View attachment 15305View attachment 15307View attachment 15309View attachment 15306View attachment 15311View attachment 15308

View attachment 23676

View attachment 23677

View attachment 23678

View attachment 23679

View attachment 23680

View attachment 23681

View attachment 23682

DSCF5688.jpg

DSCF5687.jpg

DSCF5689.jpg

DSCF5694.jpg

DSCF5686.jpg

DSCF5685.jpg

DSCF5690.jpg

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi John

This dio looks as though it's gonna be one helluva piece of work. You also beat me to the Kubelwagen - damn! (only kiddin). The truck, figures, ...well, everything looks fantastic. Can't wait to see the dio.

Cheers P

PS. I may get the Kubelwagen anyway but promise to finish it in the 3 colour camo!!!

F

Fenlander

Really looking good John. Those ICM figures are very nice arn't they. Can't wait to see the layout of your dio.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
\ said:
Wowww! Very Well!
Why thank you Carlos, it's now all finished now and getting in the way of the wife. Oh well, can't win then all.

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/completed/9637-defense-reich.html

Have fun, John