FW190F-8 Eduard 1:48 Tonyb6000

T

tonyb6000

The post man came this morning, he might as well have delivered the divorce papers. Three months? No chance!

I'm gonna need all your help with this, I've never seen detail like this on a kit before. Glad to have you all as a resource. First plane? Nothing like jumping in at the deep end!

Tony B

View attachment 22573

View attachment 22574

P4010062..jpg

P4010059..jpg

D

dd2356

\ said:
The post man came this morning, he might as well have delivered the divorce papers. Three months? No chance!Tony B
How strange that you should say that. My postman DID actually deliver my divorce papers!!

Good luck with the kit. We'll need it for sure!!

Dave

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Good luck with that lot Tony! It looks like you got the opposite problem to me an' Ron!

Gern

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Tell you what, It's a good job Graham (Fenlander) is away up in the Welsh hills. He started this nonsense!!! lol

Can't wait for his return......If he dares!

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looks as if there is a lot in the box. I could really be interested in seing some shots of the sprues. ooks like 7 or 8 in there. Tamiya's had three and one of those was the bottom of the wing!

I will be following this one!

T

tonyb6000

I got 9 sprues and two photo etch! Will take some more pics when its washed. Gonna try and end a chapter of the Huey first.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi tony, WOW! you certainly got a boxful there. By all accounts the eduard kit is excellent ,very detailed and with all the extras you need. looking forward to the build, cheers tony

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Tony

I've just taken delivery of the Eduard FW 190A-8. These are awesome kits! I intend to join the group build and I'll try to post pics when I can. Look forward to seeing yours and all the other butcher birds take shape! Hopefully the build will be straight forward but I'll let you know of any probs, and if you could give me the nod to any potential pitfalls I'd be grateful. I'm new to this group build malarky but looks like good fun:thumbs-up:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Hi Tony Hopefully the build will be straight forward but I'll let you know of any probs, and if you could give me the nod to any potential pitfalls I'd be grateful. I'm new to this group build malarky but looks like good fun:thumbs-up:
Hi Paul,there was a bit of chat about the Eduard kit but I can't find the thread! Suffiseth to say that the upshot was that it's a superb kit but needs some careful building. Careful fitting and alignment of structures both sides of the firewall,to make sure the engine and wheel well stuff fits. I'm sure it'll all be good fun.

Cheers

Steve

D

dd2356

I've been told by a friend who has made an Eduard Fw190 (although not sure which version), that he had a problem when fitting the cowling. Apparently the instructions tell you to fit the guns first, but this then stops the cowling from fitting. Haven't checked mine yet, but be aware.

F

Fenlander

I am back now Ron lol.

This is good stuff, people are talking and working towards getting similar kits built. One of the prime reasons for doing the GB was to help people move out of their comfort zones and for us all to work together with advice and support, it appears to be working.

Yep, the Eduards do indeed need a lot of trial fitting before you commit to the sticky stuff but trust me, a well built Eduard 190 will not only be an opportunity to learn new skills (patience being the most important) but it will give you a model to be proud of. There is three months so no need to rush. Be prepared to put it to one side until you are confident that the step you are on, and a couple in front, are right.

Remember, it is not a race or a competition. Ask questions and above all, enjoy it.

T

tonyb6000

Yeah, I'm letting the other Eduardo's get a head start as minesweepers. Crack on Dave!