Gabresty's Thunderbolt acadamy

B

Buttonman

was given this model and been doing it by the book (Osprey) got to the part when you paint it, ordinary Prymer first couple off small seams to fill,Then Alclad2 black primer couple of coats lovely and smooth and shiny no hairs or dust.

Left it a couple of days to totally cure then yesterday put first coat of Alclad Airframe alluminium down, watched the tutorials and how to's and it went down lovelly really shiny and kept getting shinier as it dried.

There were a few dull patches so tried to buff them up as it says with a micro rag.

as i was pollishing the bloody alclad buffed down to under coat. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAggggGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Any idea's please??? should i have left it be and just lay down another coat over the first one? Doesn't say anything about this on alclad website and it's bloody expensive.

Cheers

Martin

Last edited:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I use Alclad, but haven't had this problem before. I don't see a problem with re-applying the Alclad again. Go gentle and see what happens.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
It depends whether the problem was with the Alclad or the primer. If the former you should be able to mist more on to make a repair. Slight variations in tone are not unrealistic anyway.

If the issue is with the preparation of the surface or the primer you may have to start again. The problem with a NMF, Alclad or otherwise, is that it shows up any flaw.

Cheers

Steve