Games Workshop Primaris Outrider.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

Something completely different for me, my first GW piece.

I wasn't hoping to get anywhere near the standard of my sons work, but when he gave me this I thought it would be a laugh so gave it a go. I played it a bit safe at first but after ramping up the contrast with darker shading, much brighter highlights and some detail painting, it's looking a bit better.

Still clunky and unrefined, but for a first attempt at this sort of thing I'm pleased enough, and I'll definitely be doing some more and hopefully improve each time.

If you want to see something better I'll give my lad a shameless plug, as some of his work can be found on Instagram - Slowkeypokeybob

e3ZAu2I.jpg

p52igZa.jpg

zZItVMh.jpg

ktVGUyW.jpg

Thanks for looking :smiling3:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice job Andy. That is a really accomplished and refined finish. The different background shows your painting efforts to the full. Your boy is no slouch either is he :thumb2:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Wish my GW stuff had looked that good! Very cool

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Tim & Si. A change is as good as a rest they say, and I really enjoyed it, which hopefully shows in the end result.

I'm off to his bedroom now to see what else I can steal..

Mind you, I probably paid for them all in the first place :smiling5:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Happy New Year mate. An outstanding result. Great to see you trying something different. Luv the Schwer Panzer Abteilung 505 charging knight decals. :thumb2: :cool:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Great job Andy ,funnily enough I've just built a si-fi cartoon/animation vehicle hoping to get some primer on asap ,to be honest looking forward to a break from the norm ,won't be putting it up here just yet as once you do that your kind of committed will keep tabs on it may be when it gets rolling. Dave.

D

Deleted member 7181

Happy New Year mate. An outstanding result. Great to see you trying something different. Luv the Schwer Panzer Abteilung 505 charging knight decals. :thumb2: :cool:
Happy New year to you as well buddy. Good spot on the decals, we didn't have the correct "fist" ones so I raided my stash :smiling2:

Thanks Dave. I've almost finished another space marine, in the more familiar blue scheme. I can see me doing quite a few more.

I often think I ought to take that approach and only post completed items. It would allow me to play around more, change my mind, and hide my mistakes lol

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Happy New year to you as well buddy. Good spot on the decals, we didn't have the correct "fist" ones so I raided my stash :smiling2:

Thanks Dave. I've almost finished another space marine, in the more familiar blue scheme. I can see me doing quite a few more.

I often think I ought to take that approach and only post completed items. It would allow me to play around more, change my mind, and hide my mistakes lol
To be honest Si Benson put me on to it ,we all start things with great gusto post them up and are then in some way committed, from now on I'll take pics and post up when I know its definitely going to happen. Dave.