Gecko 1/35 Supacat ATMP

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Steve & Lee.

The antenna got primed and painted pretty much straight away. I wanted it done so I could hide it somewhere safe rather than plonking something on top of it lol.

If I can't find it when the time comes, it's right at the back of my top shelf :smiling5:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
This baby is really taking on a great look Andy! Nice layout, good looking figures and that antenna, it's the hammer!!! You are definitely living up to your name Scratchy. Take a bow Sir, you deserve it.....

Prost
Allen

PS, Drink a cold one to celebrate your fine work too!!!

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 7181

Cheers Allen, glad you like it.

I've primed up a couple more bits but am now taking a break for a few days. An hour at most in a cold shed after work is not my idea of fun, especially now the nights are so dark.

I'm hoping to relocate to a room in the house while I do all of the brush painting. Trouble is, the wife is in the middle of restoring a 1960's Parker Knoll easy chair, so I'll have to share the space with a load of sandpaper, Danish oil, foam, fabric and Lord knows what else :smiling2:

• Haha

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Great work with the PE there Andy, if working alongside the wife and upholstery you will need to watch out for the dreaded fluff on the paintwork.
:smiling5:

Andy.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
Well done with the antenna. Very neat. I share a workroom with my wife. She is into all things sewing and knitting. Fluff is a constant problem :smiling5:
Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Beautiful work Andy. You really are up there with the best of them with your braille scale work. Lovely to see

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Andy Steve is quite right ! Love the antennae beautiful work.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks John.

Last one of this shift today so should be able to get back on it tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 7181

Ironically, the medic is my first victim.

I tried to vary the camo colours and pattern a little between various items of clothing and equipment, but at a normal viewing distance, and in the blurry pictures, it's not really noticeable.

BkFE7s2.jpg

lx7OiiC.jpg

Only 6 more to go :smiling5:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy, a top, top effort!

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Paul & Andrew.

He'll probably be the best of the bunch as I'm likely to get bored part way through and rush the others :smiling5:

I still have the decals to add too, including tiny ones for the medic pouches, but I'll probably do all of the figures in one go.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Great work Andy, wish I had the courage to try figures.

Andy.

D

Deleted member 7181

Cheers Andy.

I've avoided them for long enough too, so I just set my sights really low and cracked on :smiling5:

The casualty is nearly done now, I just want to lighten his skin tone a bit to make him look "poorly", and the driver is well on his way too.