General Ruoff`s Personal Ride.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I'm in too Mr. Smiff as this was a really cool wagon!!! 4 WD, air cooled V-8 motor and built by Steyr-Daimler-Puch. If you should run into any probs and/or muck it up, please see my post in the Latest Acquisitions from yesterday for a solution.....Now get crackin'!!!!.....Where have I heard that before Buddy????............

Prost
Allen (Ret.)
Hi Allen,good to see you .... I have absolutely no idea where you`ve heard that before?!!!;):tears-of-joy:
They do have that "Certain Something" about them don`t they!.... and yeah.... that is a definitely possible outcome!!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Should I sit or stand Andy.
Got my good eye on the Dragon, has he eaten this week ?
As part of the Site`s Royalty Sir..... you can sit,stand or lay down...... it`s your prerogative to choose!!:cool:
Cohan hasn`t graced us with his presence for nearly a week now!.... He`s retired to his favourite hidy cave and gone into Broomation,(It`s a reptile equivalent to Hibernation),so when he decides to next arise is anyone`s guess!!:flushed:....
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looks a nice kit andy , i take it that its going to be grey , with it being Russian front ? ( excuse my ignorance of all things armour ! )
Hi Tony,
It is a cracking little kit...... so far:thumb2:,
Yes,it will be Grey,although i`m still undecided as to do it with remnants of Winter camo white wash on it,just to add a little extra interest:thinking:,
......as for "Ignorance".... Not at all Sir.... If something`s not your usual "thang",then why would you be expected to know all about it?!..... Actually,that makes it all the better to see you look in!!;)
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
..... and now for some progress pics.....
IMG20211014151513.jpg
A typically well crafted Tamiya kit,making it a pleasure to build up,and the first stages flew together,........
IMG20211014154057.jpg
All four wheels touching the deck..... always a bonus!!:tears-of-joy: Next up,primer on.......
IMG20211015183418.jpg
IMG20211015183319.jpg
and finally,for this update anyway, the "Top side stuff".......
IMG20211015183239.jpg
IMG20211015183300.jpg
So there ya go,not overly exciting,but the next update will show it looking much more "Car Like"..... just need to paint some details on the above stuff,and these sub assemblies......
IMG20211015183822.jpg
As always,thanks for your comments,or even just for looking in:thumb2:,
Cheers for now,
Andy

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Going together really well Andy. Lovely job so far. You’ll finish it by the end of next week……
By the way, do you have a giant Noddy figure to go in there…..it looks like a version of his car on steroids ;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Going together really well Andy. Lovely job so far. You’ll finish it by the end of next week……
By the way, do you have a giant Noddy figure to go in there…..it looks like a version of his car on steroids ;)
Thanks very much Tim:hungry:
Yes,it was always meant to be a nice`n quick build!
Hmmm,I`m afraid i`m right out of Noddys mate....I see what you mean though,it is very much like his chariot!!:tears-of-joy:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
........... and seeing as i can`t help with Tim`s wish for this car`s occupant,here`s the actual Officer in question.........
I give you Colonel General Richard Ruoff......
ruoff2 - Copy.jpg
He was a very successful, career Soldier/Officer who ended up Commanding the 17th Army,(Army Group A),on the Eastern front from 1st June `42 to 24th June `43.
Despite having some rather dubious mates......(Ruoff is the Guy on the extreme Left of the pic)........
ruoff1 - Copy.jpg
... He actually survived the war,and died at the age of 83,in March 1967.
(At least he had to suffer the indignation of seeing his Germany Losing to England in the `66 World Cup before he went!!)
Andy

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I give you Colonel General Richard Ruoff......
ruoff2 - Copy.jpg
Famous for having the biggest set of sideburns in the Wehrmacht

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very clean looking Andy, and quick too.

Hope Rach is ok and Cohan is not sulking with you modelling .

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Very clean looking Andy, and quick too.

Hope Rach is ok and Cohan is not sulking with you modelling .
We`re all good thanks Mr. Race:thumb2:.........
........ and Cohan is STILL broomating!!:dizzy:
Andy

• Haha
Reactions: JR

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Unfortunately this week has been a bit bereft of benchtime,but i have made a little progress:flushed:.....
I didn`t want to use the kit supplied "Mesh" for the engine grilles,so dug out some old etch bits..... not all the same,but i doubt it`ll be noticed....... unless i get a visit from the the Steyr engine grille Police?!!:rolling:....
Kit stuff......
IMG20211016173411.jpg
awfull rubbish..... the bits i used....
IMG20211016173549.jpg
With a bit of hacking about they came out more or less ok.....
IMG20211017114622.jpg
You may of also noticed that i`m STILL using the left over dials from my Protze Dashboard decals,(They`ve served me VERY well for lots of kits now.Not EXACTLY correct,but as you`ll hardly see them at all,they`ll be fine!!
IMG20211022135509.jpg
There tiz,German Grey`d up..... along side the seats,coming on ok.... I`ve also managed to shove the top chassis together,and decided that would be a good point to put on the decals on the pennents/boards.......
IMG20211022190601.jpg
I`ll get some proper benchtime in tomorrow,so hopefully it`ll be quite close to the final build!!
Cheers for looking in,
Andy

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking really good Andy……only trouble is that the Steyr police have alerted me to the different meshes you’ve used on the bonnet…….they are on the way and apparently it’s a five year hard labour sentence making individual track links for that infringement :loudly-crying:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking really good Andy……only trouble is that the Steyr police have alerted me to the different meshes you’ve used on the bonnet…….they are on the way and apparently it’s a five year hard labour sentence making individual track links for that infringement :loudly-crying:
HA! Very good Tim :thumb2: ,
Thanks for the thumbs up.... gotta go now....
...... it would appear someone`s trying to kick my front door in?!.........

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Looking good Andy, and it's a lot less fugly in the flesh.

Far be it from me as a devout Tamiya fan to disrespect the brand but some of their box art is a little slack in certain areas now and then.

Generally brilliant but occasionally a bit of rushing or lack of an eye for the subject creeps in maybe ?

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy,

Just had a catch-up. Coming on very nicely.

ATB.

Andrew