German ammo rounds

S

skipyy77

Hello,

I've seen lots of models and accessories were some 88mm rounds are not brass but either aluminum anodized or field green anodized shell cartridges.

I've not seen any pictures of these in combat as 99% are in black & white.

When were these used and for what type of ammunition?

Can some one suggest some colours and tips how to paint plastic, resin and brass rounds like this?

AFV club do a kit 35098 where you get the green anodized rounds.

best regards

Mike

G

GruntZone360

Well, you could paint it as you see it off of the box. Plain brass golden color. For the top of the shell you could paint them black or yellow. You could google some pictures of them. Hope this helps! ;) Oh, and regarding how to paint it; I usually just a regular paint brush. It might not be the best way, but it's a way. You might need to apply more coats than you might want though.

First Name
Richard
Hi Mike,

here's a link for you, that may have the answer, didn't read it myself, but by the title of it, it could help.

as for painting use a light or dark base colour

after that i use yellow or orange as a base for brass, the brass I use is from Vallejo and I put on two light coats on it.

Cheers Richi

Ps found this one too LINK

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi Mike this should help,

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=88mm+rounds+what+color&biw=1906&bih=946&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=F6ahVNaiIsfGmAWk-4LQCA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#imgdii=_

View attachment 95403

88shells.jpg