German Panzer I Ausf A (Late Version) HobbyBoss/Tristar

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Excuse me Steve.
Hi Steve,
Keep going, all that seam work has worn you down - one of my pet hates cleaning up seams and wheels.
I know it is a bit late for your build, but if you do another as in your Panther, make a template up by laying the model on its side on a sheet of thick card and then you can get a rough idea of the shape you need to obtain for the track shape.
I have posted this one to give you an idea, this is for my Light tank and Bren carrier.
Cheers, Mike.
View attachment 328620
Great idea Mike, would most handy for me .Thank you .
John .

Thanks mate , you've done a great good espmwithat Robots head , nice one Richard :smiling2::thumb2:.
Enjoying the normal banter as your weave your magic.
John .

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

Glad you like the engine Si. Not to shabby eh? :smiling3:
I laughed out loud to that one Richard:smiling5: Maybe we can corner the market on Panzie - The Engine Robot. I will start thinking of some story lines:smiling2::cool::smiling:
Looking forward to greasing it up Steve. Its a shame so little of it will be seen when finished:tired:
Maybe we should have a Panther fest Graeme. I know someone else who would be interested:upside:
Thanks for the golden tip Mike. I will certainly bear it mind on the next side. Many thanks
You are excused JR :smiling:. Cant beat a nice bit of banter!:cool:

Last edited:

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve.,
Cracking build, I must admit with your skills with the wet stuff I wondered why you don't make more OOB, if you're serious I would be up for a Pantherfest later in the year.
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Shiver...the sprue attachments were giving me goose bumps Steve. The parts are many for a small tank but thankfully they look well engineered as complete sections to be glued unlike the nightmare that Dragon does:smiling6:...if it's a box they'll give you 8 parts including the hinges and no part numbers.:tears-of-joy:

Looking good...your oob's are just as good as your enhanced builds.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I laughed out loud to that one Richard:smiling5: Maybe we can corner the market on Panzie - The Engine Robot. I will start thinking of some story lines:smiling2::cool::smiling:

A little advise here...don't go lifting off anything from the Transformers trilogy or Gundamns, they've got the mullahs to sue the pants off anyone. But then Panzie sounds like an original. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Great looking engine/robot Steve and nice work on the tracks assembly, have to remember that one.:smiling:

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

Cheers Colin. I appreciate the support
Watch this space about the Pantherfest Jim. We are working on it as I type
Thanks for the vote of confidence on Panzie Richard. His latest encounter has got him all greased up:smiling5:
Glad you like it Fernando. Final shots coming up
Thanks Rick. Glad you like it mate

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6559

Wow, that engine looks so oily! More incredible work Steve - especially on parts that will hardly be seen.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
The engine looks superb. Shame it won't really be seen. Well done cleaning up those parts - worth it though.
Jim

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

It is some what annoying it will all get covered up Peter, but at least we have the build blog for people to refer too for future builds
Cheers Paul. Appreciate the feedback
Great to have you here Ian. Hope you enjoy the blog
Nothing worse than doing all this work and then seeing a seam line Jim. That's why I gave up on figures. No matter how much I cleaned them up I still managed to leave a seam line somewhere:smiling5:

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
All progressing nicely. The results reflect your mogglin skills - excellent.
Jim

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
I REALLY APOLOGIZE FOR NOT FOLLOWING THIS BEFORE.... FANTASTIC Work and the details are superb...your painting is really wonderful, plus the aging in the engine is SOOOOOO real....

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Steve .
Brilliant work on that engine bay, those oil stains look so good .
Question, when you say you put the Tamiya Tape on those tracks I'm assuming you did the gluing with Contacta , left them on the rear idler and front drive sprockets then applied the tape to hold them in place. ?
Sounds a stupid question, but any thing to make tracks easier I'm all for ! .
JR

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Steve,
Wonderfull job, all the plaudits have been said, so just going to sit back and enjoy the rest of your build.
Mike.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Steve, I guess when you mentioned grease Panzie just couldn't hide the smirk of satisfaction...

Engine bay looks nice and snug and the trusty Tammy tape saves the day(time) with the tracks. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard