Gern's 1/32 Trumpeter F-105G - A Sad End.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Sorry to hear youre having a bit of bad luck mate but look on the positive side , the smoke alarm did its job and saved things from being a lot worse. The main thing is youre ok , cheers tony

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks guys. Cat flap done and new rear window fitted so back to normal.

A bit more progress. I was hoping to have both wings fitted but they need to be pulled tight against the fuselage to close the gap. Rather than trying to close the gaps by pulling both wings together, I'm doing them individually. That way, I have a solid bit to fix my tape to and hold the wing while it sets. Once set, it will give me a solid base for the tape on the other wing. The nose cone went on with no need for filling and the tailfin fitted with only a tiny gap which I filled with Vallejo putty. I've also knocked up a couple of FOD covers from some sheet balsa.

IMGP4008.JPG

IMGP4009.JPG

IMGP4011.JPG

Terrible pics I'm afraid.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks guys. Cat flap done and new rear window fitted so back to normal.

A bit more progress. I was hoping to have both wings fitted but they need to be pulled tight against the fuselage to close the gap. Rather than trying to close the gaps by pulling both wings together, I'm doing them individually. That way, I have a solid bit to fix my tape to and hold the wing while it sets. Once set, it will give me a solid base for the tape on the other wing. The nose cone went on with no need for filling and the tailfin fitted with only a tiny gap which I filled with Vallejo putty. I've also knocked up a couple of FOD covers from some sheet balsa.

View attachment 400731

View attachment 400732

View attachment 400734

Terrible pics I'm afraid.
G/M Dave yea but at least now we can see some progress an you can only get better takin pics lol an i like your FOD covers
chris

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
They say bad luck comes in threes so hopefully you're ok now for a while. There seems to be a lot of problems with tumble driers. Ours was replaced as it was on a recall list. We only use ours now when we are actually downstairs with it.
Jim

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
HI Dave whats happen on this build ?
chris

I was hoping to beat you to it Chris! I have made some progress. My wingy thingy now has wings!

IMGP4015.JPG

That's a 12" (300mm) rule.

IMGP4016.JPG

The colour on these looks OK

IMGP4017.JPG

There's a couple of sticky-out bits (technical term) to add, and a smear of filler in the wing joints, but I'm hoping to get on to masking and painting on Tuesday.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Well Dave im glad you have got over your bad luck an you are building again as some of your terms make me laugh (eg like the sticky out bits ) gave me a good

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Sorry my pc is playin up i'll reprint the post

Well Dave im glad you have got over your bad luck an you are building again as some of your terms make me laugh (eg like the sticky out bits ) gave me a good giggle an yes it is a biggee wingy thingy an it look like you are doin a good job but when is this cunning plan comin ?
chris

Reactions: JR

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Forgot to mention. The small masking tape strip has the part number for the tailplane so I didn't get them the wrong way round. I think they're both the same anyway, but better safe than sorry.

As for my cunning plan, you're going to have to wait and see. You should know that cunning plans sometimes take a while to come to fruition, although I'm not so sure now that it is actually a cunning plan. I've found a piece of MDF I can use as a base but it's 24"x18" (600mmx450mm) - and I have absolutely nowhere in the house to put it when it's finished!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I also forgot to mention. All the faffing about getting the wings painted was a total waste of time. The grey I picked is waaayyy too dark. :sleeping2: :sleeping2: :upside:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Great progress Dave and good to see you got the wings on her ok. Not sure about your fingernail polish though.....A little too bright I think.....

I'd say it's time to get yourself a new ruler. Maybe a yardstick would do the trick being it's such a big bird and all........

Prost
Allen

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL Dave shirely something is happening on this by now or is there a strike on ?
chris

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You work much faster than me Chris! I've got most of the sticky out bits done and started masking. I'll try and get some pics up later today - which could be any time up to 5:00 am your time tomorrow!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WOW Dave you are actually doin somethin on this as i :thinking: thought he;s hangin it out to tease me again lol
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Dave wots happened to the pics ?an will we hear anything from april an may ?lol
chris

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi folks.

Been a long time since I last posted anything on this build. That's because I haven't been able to do any building recently, or much of anything else to be honest.

I posted some stuff a few months ago saying I was having problems with my shaky hands. It's a problem I've been having for a few years and it has come and gone quickly so I didn't do anything about it. About 3 weeks ago, I got the shakes again only this time they didn't go away and they were so bad I couldn't do any modelling. I couldn't even post recent pics of my progress as I couldn't operate the tiny buttons on my camera.

Anyway, I managed to get an appointment with my GP yesterday. He's ruled out Parkinson's which is a massive relief and thinks it's something called essential tremor. It may turn out to be controllable with simple medication but I need to get blood tests and maybe a neurological exam. I can't get a test until early next month but I've started my meds today.

Keeping my fingers crossed I'll be able to get back to the bench soon, but don't worry (or start cheering) you can't get rid of me that easy. I'll be dropping in daily to keep my eye on you so behave yourselves!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Good luck with the meds Dave. Hope this gets positively resolved soon.