Gern's 1/48 Fujimi FW 190 D9

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Here you go guys. This is what I want to try and represent.

Before I start, I gotta say I'm not trying to copy this exact 'plane. I know there are some of you who know precisely which 'plane it is and could give me the full life history of both the 'plane and pilot involved; my apologies to you guys but I'm more interested in trying to show what is happening rather than in the exact history.

Ron - Now you can see why I'm not so concerned with the fine detail. Like your plan to bury most of yours, most of mine is going to be hidden by sand and silt!

Gern

PS I'll do the box and sprue shots in my next post.

View attachment 22603

Theme..jpg

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
How could you Dave! This is exactly what I was going to do. I saw it on Google images the other night and thought "That's it!"......

Oh well, back to the thinking cap. I'm not having the best of luck with this build.

All is not lost however, 'cos here comes my bouncy nurse with my Horlicks!!!!!!

Best of luck Dave %$£*&^!!!!

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I knew it! I just knew someone would spot that picture and think how nice it might look! Obviously another case of "Great minds ...." (I wonder if there are any more out there)

There's nowt in the rules sayin' we can't both do the same is there? I'd love to see your take on this - have you found a 1/48 recovery ship to go with the 'plane? 'cos I didn't!

Alternatively, there's always pistols at 10 paces when we meet up at Cosford!

Gern

PS At least you got a bouncy nurse! I'm sittin' here on my Jack Todd 'cos the missus is off out with her mates tonight paintin' the town red - an' we've run right out of Horlicks!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ha totally weird. I saw the self same picture and was so close to going there! But I DID NOT so no panic. When I read your first comments about your build I thought "I bet hes going to do that wreck being lifted from the sea".

Good luck cutting the tail and control surfaces out!!! ;)

Should this not be in Under construction? just a thouht.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hey Ron,

You weren't subconsciously giving the game away the other day with your "Straight in from 20000 ft" were you?

I'm thinking that's rather similar to "Straight up from 20000 leagues beneath the sea"!

Ian - You may well be right but not to worry. I'll start another thread there when I do start building.

Gern

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cant wait to see how this one progresses dave! The ripple glass is genius by the way! ,cheers tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That is a very cool idea,looking forward to it.

Steve

R

remi1au

\ said:
OK. Now I think I've sussed out how to add the rest of my pics I'll give it a try ....I don't know whether it's cheating or not but I bought a picture frame to use as a base and a sheet of 'ripple' pattern glass to represent the water - just gotta paint it!

Gern
Hi ... I know this is a very old post but I am hoping you might be able to post a hi res picture of the instructions that you previously posted.

i have the same model that I started over 20 years ago which is complete except for the instructions.

My model building days were brought to a halt with the birth of my first child and I am keen to take up this hobby again :smiling3:

cheers

Andy

R

remi1au

\ said:
Here you go Andy - best I can do with my limited IT/photography skills but you can read them.Gern

PS Best of luck with this one - it's not the best quality kit on the market!
Thank you very much Gern ... You're a champ :smiling3: