Gern's 1/72 Hawker Hunter Completed

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi guys. PJ and I started our builds for this year's Cosford under a fiver GB on Monday, but I've only just had chance to post pictures (more on that later).

My build is the Novo 1/72 Hawker Hunter, which despite it's age doesn't seem too bad. PJ will be having a tilt at the Kitech 1/72 Mig 25 - gulp! I'll post all of his build logs in a different thread.

I have a cunning plan for mine which I hope will see it finished next week. It will be on a small, simple base, but as the kit itself only cost £4 and the materials for the base about 50p, I hope I'm staying within the rules. If not, I can always show it without the base (which would spoil what I'm after) and add the base in a different thread.

The reason I haven't posted 'til just is simple. I bought a job lot of Lego off ebay last weekend and collected it on Monday night. It has taken me until now to catalogue and inventory all the different kits - apart from about 15 Hero Factory kits which I've not done yet.

See what an exciting life I lead! Four days sat on my a**e playing with Lego! But:

I only paid £35 for the lot, and even allowing about £100 to buy the bits I need to complete the sets, it's turned out to be a nice little earner!

Current market value, based on the cheapest prices I've found on the Bricklink website, puts what I bought at something well in excess of £500. Which does not include the HF kits which I still have to inventory.

Tee hee!My boxart.JPGMy Price label.JPGMy sprues.JPG

Last edited:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I think you're gettin' me mixed up with young Ron. He's the one always showing crashed stuff!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Banzai!
I don't see as it matters what base the model is on. As long as the kit is within the price allowed. Which, my dear chap, it is.... :thumb2:

This a Cosford easy going, fun build - I hope!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Nice, simple build for my entry here. No dramas and only tiny bits of filler needed here and there.

IMGP3126.JPGIMGP3127.JPG

All primed and ready for paint - I thought! The pics have highlighted a couple of areas that need a bit of work.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Finally - I actually managed to finish a GB entry!

The kit cost £4 and this is what I used for the base:

IMGP3156.JPG

After weighing it down (I'm sure the bits and pieces I used cost less than £1 so I'm still within the budget allowed):

IMGP3202.JPG

It's now heavy enough to use as a paperweight - which is nice as that's what I've built. A replica of one of those old 50s and 60s ornamental bronze airplane paperweights you sometimes see in antiq....... junk shops.

IMG_3392.JPG

IMG_3391.JPG

IMG_3390.JPG

Technically finished but I may give it a coat of Klear to protect the paint.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I like it dave , its great to see something different , would grace any execs desk , cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Technically finished but I may give it a coat of Klear to protect the paint.
Very nice. It reminds me of some old B&W film were the aircraft designer takes a model into a meeting with the bosses, hoping for the go ahead to build.