Gern's Pegasus Mercury 9

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
OH DAVE youre getting mixed up with:thinking: Thinkin of Alan Tracy guiding Thunderbird 3 down through the observation walkway, back under the swimming pool! THAT'S SCOTT in thunderbird 1 lol :rolling: :smiling:
CHRIS

Can I have 50% please Chris? You can have the other 50% 'cos like me, you're only half right!

TB1 descends an escalator to it's launch pad under the pool (I was wrong, you were right) but only passes in front of the main staircase leading to the pool area when it takes off. BUT TB3 takes off and goes through the centre of one of the buildings (I was right, you were wrong). I can't remember how TB3 is hidden from view when people visit the round house? Is it under the false 'floor' of a volcano, or am I getting mixed up with James Bond?

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
One silo:

IMGP3864.JPGIMGP3865.JPGIMGP3866.JPG

"But the walls don't go all the way to the top" I hear you say! Don't panic - I have a cunning plan!

I was originally hoping to fit everything on to a 24"x9" board, but as usual with me, things got a little out of hand, so I've had to step up to up to one 24"x18" -but only because I can't use Steve's shelf!

My cunning plan (just a rough mock up so far):

IMGP3867.JPG

Gerry Anderson didn't have to worry too much about exhaust and jet wash from his tiddly little overgrown firework - aka Thunderbird 3, but this Mercury 9 is humungous!

It's not .... actually it IS rocket science .... but those fumes and gases have got to go somewhere! Three exhaust vents which will have some sort of mesh cover - (i) To stop larger animals getting into the silo - anyone remember the fun and games we had with that bear last year? - and (ii) it will add some much needed detail. As this hole is a scale 35m deep, there will also be a safety fence around the top - to stop those pesky tourists falling in and breaking their fool necks!

Off to do some mejuring up and some sums to work out stuff!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Good bit of progress there Dave.........Aren't you glad you have 570 along to keep you focused and on task LOL:tongue-out3: Too bad about Steve's shelf being unavailable but it looks like you are getting along well with out it. Keep it coming. Rick H.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Good bit of progress there Dave.........Aren't you glad you have 570 along to keep you focused and on task LOL:tongue-out3: Too bad about Steve's shelf being unavailable but it looks like you are getting along well with out it. Keep it coming. Rick H.

Well now Rick, I been thinking about that. Even though the building is a LONG way away, it still looks ridiculously tiny against everything else. I've also been thinking about the size of my crane and trailer. They don't look too bad against the rocket until you remember it's supposed to be in 1/350 - then you realise that crane jib is a scale 350ft high! That's big for a mobile crane!

As this is a purely fictional build, I've decided that actually it's 1/144 scale! That brings everything back into some reasonable sort of limits. But even though it's much closer now, that building still looks tiny and ridiculous! The things I do for this hobby. If I scrap the kit supplied building, I really need to make one of my own. I can make it bigger and a more reasonable size - even though it will still be a LONG way away!

I got plans for another half a dozen little dios, but at the rate this keeps changing, only the Gods know when I might be able to start them.

I have made some progress though and I'll have some pics this weekend.

PS You're right. Without Ron's help and encouragement I wouldn't be doing any of this dioramerering and not having half as much fun in my life!

PPS Tell you how daft some of my ideas get. You know the sort of zig-zag line breaks you sometimes see printed in documents and tables to indicate they've cut some bits out of the middle? I was tempted to put one of those breaks on my base so I could show that the building was a long way away - even though it's right next door!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Sounds like a plan Dave, I like the idea of adjustable scale also. Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL Dave when's this rocket gonna launch as ive been hidein behind my settee in case it blows up lol ;) :cold-sweat::nerd: an more pics please
chris

• Haha
Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL Dave when's this rocket gonna launch as ive been hidein behind my settee in case it blows up lol ;) :cold-sweat::nerd: an more pics please
chris
WELL Dave whats happening has your clock stopped an needs rewindin to get this countdown goin again ? as I thought you said its rocket science ?
chris von braun

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Chris: Sorry bud, the countdown's on hold again. No problems with the rocket but my PC, which has all the launch programs, crashed yesterday. Still trying to get all my systems back online.

I'll get things back on track asap.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris: Sorry bud, the countdown's on hold again. No problems with the rocket but my PC, which has all the launch programs, crashed yesterday. Still trying to get all my systems back online.

I'll get things back on track asap.
SO can I come out from hidein behind the sofa as it wont blow up then dave ?lol

• Haha

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hello! I'm back! Finally got my 'puter fixed and re-started the countdown. Make some room behind the sofa, you'll need it tomorrow! No pics yet. Got my 'puter fixed but no batteries for my camera! Calls himself a rocket scientist!? What an eejit!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hello! I'm back! Finally got my 'puter fixed and re-started the countdown. Make some room behind the sofa, you'll need it tomorrow! No pics yet. Got my 'puter fixed but no batteries for my camera! Calls himself a rocket scientist!? What an eejit!
WILL I need my tin hat Dave an NBC suit behind the sofa in case your rockets got anything funny in it if it exsplodes lol:cold-sweat:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
No. I think you'll be OK with just your tin hat Chris, no need for all your 'Noddy' gear. The only thing weird in the cargo is a pile of cases of Marmite. I'm trying to do the world a favour by getting rid of it before folks are tempted to try and eat the stuff!