Gern's Pegasus Mercury 9

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
What d'you mean - banter? I'm deadly serious! Have you ever tasted Marmite? If you have, you'll know why the ship is loaded with the stuff, and how desperately I'm trying to save people!
too late for me, Dave.
have you tried it on toast with peanut butter..... :hungry: ?

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
You do realise that a shortage of brewer's yeast (I said yeast!) has caused a shortage of the dark brown nectar! The large jars are not being produced, just the 250g versions. Oh the humanity!

Better get in some extra security Dave, there maybe a raiding party heading out from Brum to liberate your supplies.

Justus von Liebig.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You do realise that a shortage of brewer's yeast (I said yeast!) has caused a shortage of the dark brown nectar! The large jars are not being produced, just the 250g versions. Oh the humanity!

Better get in some extra security Dave, there maybe a raiding party heading out from Brum to liberate your supplies.

Justus von Liebig.

OMG! I'm too late! Oh those poor people! Is there nothing we can do to save them from themselves?

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
You could always send up that pale imitation from down under, the gutless, tasteless vegemite instead....nobody in their right mind would even look at it once they’ve tasted the real deal....

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Is that like methadone to a heroin addict? You'll be telling me next you've actually eaten a meat pie floater!

Now stop trying to sabotage my mission Tim! I'm trying to save folks from the hard stuff, not pale imitations!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Meat pie floater? You only get them in Four Ecks.....never been there! Good meat pie and chips though....all over it LOL....

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dave.
Greeting's and apologies for not paying full attention.
Having missed this by some unknown reason I've had to read it through from the start to enlighten myself with this technical build.
Don't think I have laughed this much for long time, great build and banter and a completely mad discussions over one of this countries finest foods. I stocked up recently with two jars. I shall take them out of the cupboard and feast my eyes on them tomorrow and then hide them in the garden.
Please carry-on with this great build and the great technical descriptions , I've learnt so much.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I despair of humanity sometimes! Here's me moving heaven and Earth to rid us of the evil scourge of Marmite and now I've got two - count them! TWO - members of the human race singing it's praises!

Well I've done my bit! After the launch tomorrow (Later today now. Heads up Chris if you're still awake! Nearly time to take shelter although I'll give you a more reliable time a bit nearer the launch), I'll not be making further efforts in that direction. I'll be sticking with more down-to-Earth projects. I'll leave saving mankind to someone more dedicated than me!

PS John. You must have a really bad case of hiccups with all those repeats. Go talk to Tony (Yak face) - he's our resident local expert on curing them.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
My god TWO of humanity actually like the stuff well dave stick them in your rocket an they can gorge themselves till they are silly an launch them where no man has gone before an im now behind the sofa with me tin hat but no noddy suit as I thought id try on stretch an seal for protection lol:astonished::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling:;):cold-sweat::tongue-out3:
captain christopher kirk an mr spock says its logical :tongue-out3: may they live long an prosper in their marmite tub:smiling::tongue-out3:

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL that does it Dave well'er have to send a team down to JR 's garden an dig it up an confiscate them two jars as he's admitted where they are before you launch cant have them layin around contaminating the planet can we :cold-sweat::tongue-out3::smiling:
HARRY MUDD PS Dave what the T minus now to lauanch

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
Just had a read through from the start. Made my morning - best laugh for ages and needed in these sureal times. Great, inventive building skills and wonderful banter.
Oh and you'll never find my Marmite jar. Unlike John who only hides it in the garden mine is safely hidden at the back of the ******* under the spotted cloth - fiendishly clever don't you think.
Jim

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
WELL that does it Dave well'er have to send a team down to JR 's garden an dig it up an confiscate them two jars as he's admitted where they are before you launch cant have them layin around contaminating the planet can we :cold-sweat::tongue-out3::smiling:
HARRY MUDD PS Dave what the T minus now to lauanch

The final countdown has begun Chris! We're now at T - 46 minutes. Launch is scheduled for 1400 GMT today! Got your battle bowler ready?

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Here it is folks! The final countdown:

The silo
IMGP3881.JPG

You will notice the safety fence has seen better days. This has to be repaired after practically every launch. The tremendous heat and vibration shake loose patches of the concrete on the silo walls and cause the fastenings on the fence to work loose.

The observation bunker:

IMGP3883.JPG
IMGP3884.JPG

Just two rooms with an armoured door at the rear and drop-down shield over the observation window. Self-contained with it's own air supply and underground escape tunnel. Alas no interior pictures. No batteries - remember?

Ready to lift the pod
IMGP3888.JPGIMGP3889.JPGIMGP3890.JPG

Here she is - ready for launch
IMGP3891.JPG

The crane moves away
IMGP3892.JPG

The last view
IMGP3893.JPG

And there she was - gone!
IMGP3894.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OH WELL I can take me tin hat off now an come out from the sofa as it all went well but dave we still know there is some jars of that you know what bein hiddin so you will have to go through this all again to get rid of them an as jim has hidden his he's on our hit list if our guys find the spotted cloth then they got it simple oh so cunning Jim lol ;)

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Most excellent!

Where's she gone, I thought I saw something streaking across the sky earlier while I was eating my Marmite toast, could be wrong though.

Did you know that you can be hypnotised and convinced that you luuurve Marmite?

I've loved the build by the way, really well done, and entertaining as well.

Cheers

Paul McKenna

• Love
Reactions: JR

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great work, Dave! Love it....Superb imagination and brought to fruition in a top way.
Well done.

Mr. Stona. We are so sorry to read you can't get hold of a large jar of Marmite.

We are joint curators of the dungeons and torture chambers situated below the B.B.C.'s Wogan House. We also specialize in psychological Warfare, especially using photographic imagery.

Try this for size, sunshine! Bought yesterday. I hate the stuff, but the wife would spread it on me if I let her! Tried it once, but it left an awful mess! ( in my opinion that's all it's fit for!)

P1260833.JPG

Yours.
Christopher Lee (and Peter Cushing)