Gern's vietnam build.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Me, Ron and Scott were admiring a wonderful little Vietnam dio featuring an Ontos at Cosford today. I mentioned that I had one of these in the stash and I was thinking of doing an OOB build to compare with the recent one that Andygh has done which has all the extra PE etc. Not that I'm trying to compete with Andy, it was just an idea to try and show how much difference the extras can make to a model. Both the guys thought it was a reasonable suggestion so I thought I'd go with it.

I've just checked, and the dio we saw at the show is Andy's build! I gotta tell you folks, it looks even better 'in the flesh' than it does in Andy's pictures.

Anyway. I'm going to have a go at the Ontos and see what it looks like straight from the box. Box and sprue pics attached as usual. As there are no internal fittings in the kit as supplied, mine will be all buttoned up so it should be a fairly straightforward build. That means I've got half a chance of actually finishing something for a change!

Gern

View attachment 46590

View attachment 46591

View attachment 46592

IMGP0453.jpg

IMGP0454.jpg

IMGP0455.jpg

A

andygh

:shocking: It wasn't mine I'm afraid, unless it sneaked out by itself for the weekend :grinball2:

Got any photo's?

You'll enjoy the Ontos, it's a good kit, though it is tiny

Last edited:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Sorry Andy. I coulda sworn it was yours I looked at! I don't have any pics I'm afraid, and I don't think I saw one in the batches that have already been posted. Can anybody help with this one? Anyone??

Gern

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
f i remember correctly dave, the dio we looked at had a guy sat against a brick wall with a hole blown in it, and another figure on the ontos ,which had all the doors and hatches open. I can see where the mix up might occur as both the one at the show and andys have got the very detailed foliage on. Hope this jogs the old brain cells,- too much hard living has taken its toll, thats the problem , all that sex drugs and rock and roll. (well actually OUR equivalents of , respectively, eccles cakes , coffee, and modelmaking!!!!) tony

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks Tony. I'm fairly sure it's much less sex and drugs and rock 'n' roll and more senility! Will you be there to help me at the shows when I'm old and feeble and my mind's gone - like you did yesterday?!

Gern

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I'll be there dave, like a little devil on your shoulder ,whispering in your ear "Go on you know you want to buy it!" MWUHAHAHA !!!! ( evil laugh )