Gern's Zvezda 1/100 Panzer 38T et al

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thought I'd start work on my mini stash of 1/100 kits. I picked the easy one first. A staggering 6 parts - 7 if you include the wargame flag. Build time around 20 minutes - most of which was spent cleaning attachment points from the tracks.

Absolutely no issues with the build. A couple of teeny tiny gaps when first assembled as a snap-fit. A touch of extra thin and a couple of clothes peg clamps and they closed up and disappeared. I've since got it painted but there's a couple of touch-ups I need to do so pics later on. I've got some decals on order which I'll add before weathering. I'm planning a small dio of some description so the weathering will have to wait until I decide what sort of ground it will be on.

Great little fun build and cheap as chips - recommended to anyone who wants a break from their latest mega build or wants to restore a little mojo.

Build pictures show it dry fit before being glued together. I left the tracks unglued to make painting a bit easier.

Panzer 38T Box & sprue.JPGPanzer 38T build 1.JPGPanzer 38T build 2.JPG

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s cute ;) Remarkable how small that stuff is.....

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Love it dave , looking forward to the next one , cheers tony

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Lifeboat for a Tiger
Great job.
Mike

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Done another.

IMGP3547.JPGIMGP3548.JPGIMGP3549.JPGIMGP3550.JPG

Just goes to show how small the 38T was.

Another little gem from Zvezda. So far I've used no filler at all on either kit. They are snap together which means there are rather large connecting pins on the inside. I did shorten these by about 1mm to make sure they didn't stop the parts from sitting together properly, and so far I've seen no flash anywhere.

Again, I've got some decals on order so adding them and weathering is still to come.

I do have another kit almost finished - just waiting for paint to dry before final assembly.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
A little more adventurous this time:

IMGP3545.JPG

This comes with a one-piece cab with the windows moulded in green plastic. The box art on the back shows them painted black, but I wanted to have 'proper' windows so:

IMGP3546.JPG

And this is what I got:
IMGP3551.JPG
IMGP3552.JPG

A piece of 2mm square strip as a very simple representation of the seats.

The kit also comes with a closed cover so I thought it would be nice to show the back open:

IMGP3553.JPG

A small piece of paper rolled to represent the open part of the tarpaulin.

I'm not sure about the colour of the tarpaulins on Russian trucks. I painted mine a medium brown just to break up the monotonous green!

Another great little kit.