Gern's Zvezda 1/100 Su152

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi guys. This is my entry for the annual 'under-a-fiver' build.

I posted a picture of the invoice on an earlier thread but I can find it again if needed.

Box and sprues (The back of the box has the build instructions)
GB box.JPG
GB sprues.JPG

No progress shots as there's only 12 parts so here's the finished build

GB built1.JPG
GB built2.JPG

And painted

GB painted1.JPG
GB painted2.JPG

Another excellent little kit. No flash, only clean-up on the sprue gates, minimal join seams (only on the fuel tanks and gunbarrel) and no filler needed. The only extra I did was to drill out the gun barrel. Total build time about 20 mins.

I'm waiting for the paint to finish drying so I'll be varnishing and adding decals probably later today.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Having read Ron's recent post, adding extras seems a a little outside the original idea of 'build what you can get for under a fiver'. I have since added decals and will be weathering this kit once I decide what sort of dio it will go on, but in the meantime, I'm calling this done for the GB.

I'll be posting pics of it with decals in my other thread with the rest of my recent 15mm builds.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice one Dave. don't forget to post at least one picture on here with the decals and weathering done?

Kind'a finish things off nicely....

Ron

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice one Dave. You didn't hang about with that one did you ?

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Nice one Dave. You didn't hang about with that one did you ?

I think there's only 12 parts in total Col. As the fit of parts is also nigh perfect, there ain't a lot of work involved. I suppose it's even borderline to call it a kit as you can build it with no glue.

Still. I enjoyed it and that's all that counts - and the fact it meets the requirements for the Cosford GB!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Top job Dave ,it looks a lot bigger than 1/100. Seeing your diddy zvezdas has got me trawling eBay and I’ve only gone and got me a zvezda 1/144 lavochkin la5 which is ,like your 1/100 armour, a snap fit jobbie. I think the smaller scales are having a resurgence! Cheers tony

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Top job Dave ,it looks a lot bigger than 1/100. Seeing your diddy zvezdas has got me trawling eBay and I’ve only gone and got me a zvezda 1/144 lavochkin la5 which is ,like your 1/100 armour, a snap fit jobbie. I think the smaller scales are having a resurgence! Cheers tony

It ain't really bigger than it looks:

IMGP3616.JPG

Zvezda do a few tiny airplanes - I remember that 1/200 Russian C-47 you did a few years ago - be nice to see a few built. Be careful though! Them tiny kits are habit forming and could tempt you to the dark side and get you building the stuff that gets muddy!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
It ain't really bigger than it looks:

View attachment 380707

Zvezda do a few tiny airplanes - I remember that 1/200 Russian C-47 you did a few years ago - be nice to see a few built. Be careful though! Them tiny kits are habit forming and could tempt you to the dark side and get you building the stuff that gets muddy!
I know they can be a bit addictive , a few years back I had a bad case of Sweet addiction , I did about half a dozen , then a few years later had a relapse with a couple of Valom kits ! More recently I’ve been eyeing up the Kovozavody Prostejov 1/144 la5s - a lot more parts than the zvezda one and you can even get pe for the cockpit from Brengun !!!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
More recently I’ve been eyeing up the Kovozavody Prostejov 1/144 la5s - a lot more parts than the zvezda one and you can even get pe for the cockpit from Brengun !!!

You gotta be insane! PE for a 1/144 cockpit!! You gonna be including a magnifying glass for anyone who wants to see it?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
You gotta be insane! PE for a 1/144 cockpit!! You gonna be including a magnifying glass for anyone who wants to see it?
Yes mental isn’t it , Imagine trying to paint etched seat belts in /144? or even trying to bend some of the bits !!