Gerry's Trumpeter 1/35 Armoured Aerosan

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Works in my scale as well Gerry.....just a little more to fool around with is all.:thumb2: Model looks Terriff! Keep on keeping on!! Rick H.

Last edited:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Looking excellent. With the decal cut out with a sharp blade the hidden part then tuck the edge under the propeller
Thanks Paul. Was thinking that I could mark up the area needed to be removed, use a scalpel to remove it and hope it can't be seen;)
Works in my scale as well Gerry.....just a little more to fool around with is all.:thumb2: Model looks Terriff! Keep on keeping keeping on!! Rick H.
Thanks Rick. Have to wait until tomorrow at least, as Prof Cox is needing me to work again.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Looking good.

You could also just put the decal higher up on the hull side?

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Looking good.

You could also just put the decal higher up on the hull side?
Not sure if it'd interfere with the number if I did that, was tempted to put it on the other side of the fuselage;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
What ever you come up with Jerry this has been a real baptism of using the smallest of pe parts that you could imagine . Think Dave quite is right is saying you'll cope with any pe now .
A top build with a lot of thought .

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
What ever you come up with Jerry this has been a real baptism of using the smallest of pe parts that you could imagine . Think Dave quite is right is saying you'll cope with any pe now .
A top build with a lot of thought .
Thanks John, must admit that I'm a bit surprised that a) I didn't feed the carpet monster with anything (almost, but caught the part before it got to the floor), b) that I was able to work with such small parts and c) that it's turned out like it has - quite pleased with it to be honest, as well out of 'comfort zone'

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks John, must admit that I'm a bit surprised that a) I didn't feed the carpet monster with anything (almost, but caught the part before it got to the floor), b) that I was able to work with such small parts and c) that it's turned out like it has - quite pleased with it to be honest, as well out of 'comfort zone'
Great stuff Gerry. Moving out of your comfort zone is the best way I know of to improve your skill set :thumb2: After this no PE should hold any fears.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Great stuff Gerry. Moving out of your comfort zone is the best way I know of to improve your skill set :thumb2: After this no PE should hold any fears.
Not so sure about that, but if they had have supplied plastic versions of the PE parts, they'd probably have been used! ;):smiling5:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Morn Gerry,

That is one fine looking Ruskie Bumskie looking vehicle you have built. Most excellent work on your part and a great learning experience too. Looking at it make me shiver and get the chills Sir! Could you please send one to me as it is 1 April and it is snowing like hell outside here in Germany right now. And this is no April fools joke either...........Top job and I know you'll sort the decal. BTW, what does the decal mean?

Prost
Allen

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Morn Gerry,

That is one fine looking Ruskie Bumskie looking vehicle you have built. Most excellent work on your part and a great learning experience too. Looking at it make me shiver and get the chills Sir! Could you please send one to me as it is 1 April and it is snowing like hell outside here in Germany right now. And this is no April fools joke either...........Top job and I know you'll sort the decal. BTW, what does the decal mean?

Prost
Allen
Would if I could - must admit that I'd say that the design owes a lot to Heath-Robinson (or whoever is the Russian equivalent).
Woke up to a white covering here today, and my Dutch friend had (for a joke) posted a April 1st 'weather forecast' for today from last week giving a 'snow warning'!:smiling5::smiling5:
Wouldn't know what the decal says, perhaps someone on here may know? If not, might be able to get it translated on another forum I'm on (it's a Russian/Soviet watch forum)
Edit possibly means "For Anna"

Last edited:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hey, It would have been a great photo opportunity for the Aerosan in it's natural setting with or without decals. Did you get a chance to try with the snow outside?

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Hey, It would have been a great photo opportunity for the Aerosan in it's natural setting with or without decals. Did you get a chance to try with the snow outside?
Took a couple or so yesterday, with the first lot we had;)
IMG_20220331_114555_879.jpg

IMG_20220331_114535_159.jpg
Which has made me think about the base for it, and how it just fades out against a white background:thinking:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thanks Andrea, for the translation.....

Sorry Gerry, I thought that was styrofoam it was sitting on in the earlier pics. I didn't realize it was real snow..............

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Thanks Andrea, for the translation.....

Sorry Gerry, I thought that was styrofoam it was sitting on in the earlier pics. I didn't realize it was real snow..............
It's ok Allen, the top picture is styrofoam boxes with real snow on top (plans for those in the garden) so quite close!:thumb2: Lower picture is eldest sons bike seat;)

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Just had a catch up Gerry, looking very good, especially in the snow!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
That's a beautiful finish Gerry!!! The only thing missing is, you know, some snow......Don't think it would drive too good on the table. Nice work on the decals and your solution came out really well too. Are you maybe planning to add a fig for it? Top job Sir!!!

Prost
Allen