Gerry's Trumpeter 1/35 Armoured Aerosan

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Looks good Gerry. Even if don’t finish by the time the GB end date you can post anytime afterwards including updates don’t give up on it there’s no pressure you have lots of time.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Take your time Gerry even if its the home stretch...painting also needs attention after all that work. Pointless covering all that up with just a blank coat of paint...better to highlight the details you've added with a good paint job.

Cheers,
Richard

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Great idea, I was thinking a small base for one of mine as well.....time will tell.;)
Not saying that it'll be anything like as involved as the last base was, but probably something simple as I've not tried to do snow in the past.
Looks good Gerry. Even if don’t finish by the time the GB end date you can post anytime afterwards including updates don’t give up on it there’s no pressure you have lots of time.
Thanks Lee, but should have the model done, possibly the base.
Take your time Gerry even if its the home stretch...painting also needs attention after all that work. Pointless covering all that up with just a blank coat of paint...better to highlight the details you've added with a good paint job.

Cheers,
Richard
I'm planning on taking the time Richard, though work is interfering with modelling time at the moment, but if I can get a few hours here and there, it'll get done (just hoping that the Soviets had corrugated iron during the war )

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Gerry
Looks to be close to the finish line. Machine gun looks very nice.
Jim

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Gerry,
That is really looking good, some nice details with the etch.
Yes Paul, I think that the etch gives it another level - even if I'm muttering and shaking while working with it, it's just so TINY!:surprised:
Hi Gerry
Looks to be close to the finish line. Machine gun looks very nice.
Jim
Thanks Jim, for a change, I'm reasonably happy with the machine gun (even if I had to insert it through the shield upside down - should've realised that it wouldn't fit through the hole with the front sight fitted!:smiling:)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hey Gerry ....look on the bright side, you have learned a lot and picked up some new skills and fed the carpet monster, and well... you have been having Fun! Now take yer meds and Matron will be 'round to tuck you in at bed check.:tongue-out3::tongue-out2::tongue-out:;)

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Hey Gerry ....look on the bright side, you have learned a lot and picked up some new skills and fed the carpet monster, and well... you have been having Fun! Now take yer meds and Matron will be 'round to tuck you in at bed check.:tongue-out3::tongue-out2::tongue-out:;)
Certainly have learnt a lot on this one, hopefully all will be used in the future. :thumb2:
So far this build, the carpet monster has gone hungry - a huge surprise, given the size of a lot of these parts! :surprised:
Matron can stay well away, as I'm fine, and it's normal to wear underpants on your head and keep pencils up your nose and say "Wibble wibble" ;)

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Gerry,
that is looking soooo good! Certainly an usual subject way beyond anything else in the GB, and you've coped with the PE like a veteran! I reckon if you can use those PE bits on the skis, you can take on any PE with confidence!
Dave

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Gerry

That's coming on very nicely indeed. Great modelling skills on display!!

Looking forward to seeing this on a base.

ATB.

Andrew

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Hi Gerry
That looks good.
Jim
Thanks Jim, hopefully will get the decals on in a while.:thumb2:
Gerry,
that is looking soooo good! Certainly an usual subject way beyond anything else in the GB, and you've coped with the PE like a veteran! I reckon if you can use those PE bits on the skis, you can take on any PE with confidence!
Dave
Thanks Dave - really only got it as you pointed out the unarmoured ones a while back, then saw this one - and as I tend to be interested in 'odd' things, bought a few - must admit that the unarmoured ones are a lot simpler with no PE!
Gerry

That's coming on very nicely indeed. Great modelling skills on display!!

Looking forward to seeing this on a base.

ATB.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew, will need to have a deep think on the base - the photos of it on the snow has made me think that it's going to be 'lost' in a full on snow base (probably why they were painted white!;):smiling2:) so a slightly 'different' approach might be warranted;)

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Oops....

I had exactly the same problem with an Airfix 1/72 Typhoon, the first plane I made on coming back to the hobby. I had the rockets nicely attached went to apply the Invasion stripes and went noooooooo!

Hope you sort it out ok...
Looking at it, fairly sure that I'll be able to trim the decal to fit round the strap that holds the spare prop on.;) Will just have to check and cut gently.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking at it, fairly sure that I'll be able to trim the decal to fit round the strap that holds the spare prop on.;) Will just have to check and cut gently.
I sometimes do that on the allied stars I add to our wargaming kits....