GMC pick up truck, 1/24, Revell

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Revell GMC pick up truck in 1/24......i believe its a late 70's/early 80's C/K model but im certainly no expert

started this 18 month ago, for the 4X4 GB we had on here, had some fit issues, then just couldnt get the paint right, after stripping the paint for the third time i lost interest, put it in the box and put it on the shelf of doom

thought id have another crack at it

i know the real thing wouldnt have had a wooden truck bed but ive used this as a test mule for something i have planned in the future.....bed was made from thin balsa cut into planks then stained with instant coffee to get rid of the blonde balsa colour

the chrome sprue was dreadful so i stripped it all and resprayed, the roll bar, lights and mirrors are supposed to be chrome too but i thought it might be a bit too blingy and subdued it a bit by going matt black

this was the original kit......didnt want to go for the snow plough cos i have plans for that too lol

gmc_tr10.jpg

za_410.jpg

zb_510.jpg

zc_512.jpg

zd_610.jpg

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
You did a great job on it! I had a 1978 GMC just like this one but a long bed great farm truck had it for years not much difference in the 1977-78

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Overall great job. BTW, wood bed is a nice touch. PaulE