adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking very good indeed!"

ATB.

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Steven just had another look through, glad you mentioned it in what's on the bench thread.
Some very fine modelling of the debris, really life-like .Hope you will continue this soon .

Steven

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
After completion of "taking a break" dio (you can find the finished result Here) I am picking up the third Syrian Civil War - themed dio

As can be seen from the pictures a feature in the scene is a burned - out civilian car. Making this was a first for me used Mig's old 1/35 resin burned - out car place in the scene:

Mock-up:
0c6jmzo-jpg.412261

the result before pigments were added:
BANaiOe.jpg

RNJqNuC.jpg

Interior - completely destroyed not much will be seen once the roof comes on
FVGOLvx.jpg

more pics of the finished result coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steven

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
A change of scenery: Adding an Arcade ( of sorts)
I decided the scene was a bit bland even though the building is a tower block with three stories I I decided to add an covered (corrugated sheets) arch – way creating an arcade.

The front of the arch way will be festooned with billbords and signs , wiring and other details common to modern buildings.

Previous scene
1000000357.jpg

Current:

1000000648.jpg

Parts of the roofing will be partlydestroyed by falling debris form the upper floors
1000000644.jpg

Floor of the arcade is covered by tiles – laid separately sigh….took me a week and and I did a piss poor job . but it is in there and will only be partly visible and mostly form the side
1000000641.jpg

Attachments

• 1000000345.jpg
    1000000345.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 1000000644.jpg
    1000000644.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 2

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Stunning work Steven , agree with the member above the
Honourable Neil Merryweather on those tiles.

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Individual tiles? Pure madness (but outstanding). A normal sane person would've just scribed them! :smiling5::tongue-out3:

Steven

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Arcade tiles – a development….
With a littel help….

Well, have agonized over the whole thing about the tiles in the Arcade section including the emmotional tour de force pulling them all up was, my girlfriend Gave me sort of a sideways look ( you know what I mean..) and said “why don’t you let me lay them….”. And so it came to be, we decided on choosing the other pattern option in the mould from GSW.
This is her result after an hour’s work: Perfect lines and rows laid with care (and speed I Might add). To be fair I did make what I should have made from the start: A grid pattern, To help her but still, had she not stepped in I would have gone with another solution (prob aftermareket 3-d paper from ETA og other) which would have been less than satisfactory.

Perfect straigjt lines 1000000734.jpg

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
She deserves a 'Dog's' for that!
And for even being interested... she's a keeper, Steven!

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Most impressed with the new tiling , congratulations to your girlfriend. Steven .

Steven

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Hi guys

I will dewle into the making of some accessories for the facade of the building and the covered section all Are wip
The front of the arcade will have two lightboxes / commercial sigs one partly destroyed showing parts of the inside - I am not showing a great deal of creativity here as the feature has been included in several published books dealing with dioramas dealing with the Syrian Civil War- but I love it. Further signs will places on top of the ceiling
1000000842.jpg
Sign going on top:1000000871.jpg
1000000872.jpg

i am also making one of these
- I have no idea what is called but is a some sort of connecting point for underground high voltage cables going into houses
1000000880.jpg
1000000840.jpg

I will also be showing some electrical installations on both the arcade and the facade proper, including relay boxes and wiring
All for now - take care

Steven

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Hi Guys
Just an update on the making of accessories for the façade – part of the building.

Doors opening out to the balconies:
These will be Quite weathered but shrapnel and bullet holes will be mostly to the upper part of the door as the balcony would take much of the direct fire, the part of the door with the ornaments will have shattered glass behind it and the door itself will be sandbagged from the inside – possibly with a firing slit added – the whole building will be pretty fortified but more on that later.
Test fitting- bottom one is slightly slanting and to hide that i will most likely have it off the hinges lying amongst the rubble in the balcony
Exspect more progress post during the weekend as my gf and my two childrenwill be going away for the weekend
1000000974.jpg1000000973.jpg