Gold

AFC

First Name
Andre
Hi All,

Because I paint indoors, I leave the spray gun paint sessions for the weekend. And I had one more this weekend.

For one of the kits I’m doing I had to use "gold" paint. So, as I normally do with any other paint, I put a few Revell gold paint drops in a jar and mixed it with Revell thinner. The result, however, was very different than what I get with any other paint (!!).

Instead of a nice liquid to be used by my spray gun, I got a mix looking exactly like mud (colour and texture). Did I find a new way to simulate mud? :smiling3: I'm no chemist but my feeling is that some reaction happened there. Just not sure whether it happened because it's gold paint or because the paint might be too old (it came with the kit which is a bit old now). When using the paint manually (without thinner) it works fine.

Anyone knows anything about it?

Also, is there a better way to clean brushes and everything else after using enamel? I'm a bit tired of using white spirits which are not very healthy. I'm really keen to finish these 2 kits so I can definitely switch to Acrylics and to be able to use warm water for the cleaning process!!

Thanks!

Cheers

AC

T

travellingman49

Hi AC i only use acrylics now due to the easier cleaning and no smell of thinners,as for the gold paint i have no idea what caused that but i'm sure someone on here willl have an idea, cheers cliff.

AFC

First Name
Andre
I guess Golden paint is not that frequently used :cheesygrin:

AFC

First Name
Andre
and the same with Revell Acrylic Aluminium (99)...this time looked like concrete LOL. Funny enough I mixed it with Revel Acqua thinner... After getting rid of that, tried to mix the paint with warm tap water and it worked greatly....

In summary: tap water is great LOL!