Golden Tank Idea

J

Jpeg6785

Hi guys, thinking of doing something a bit different has anyone in the forum completed an AFV model finished in gold? Do you think it would work? Or would it look ridiculous? Came accross a tutorial on a fantasy models site which gave me the idea. Any feedback would be welcome. Example from site attached. Thanks Adam

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180828-000621_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20180828-000621_Samsung Internet.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20180828-000655_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20180828-000655_Samsung Internet.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 23

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Painted gold or covered in gold leaf? That’ll make a huge difference to how it will look. The figure in the pictures you posted is painted, and for (what looks to be) a Warhammer figure, it makes sense and can look very good, but for a tank model … Well, let’s just say that you really have to start off with a rationale for why it’s gold, if you ask me. If you mean using gold leaf, then I suspect that if you add it to a tank model, that will end up looking like a trophy to be given to the winner of some or another tank competition :smiling3:

J

Jpeg6785

Thanks Jako. Painted in gold, accentuated with a little colour here and there. Not sure what the reason is, guess it hasn’t been done before? You’ve put some doubt into my mind though to be fair. I’ve got an old cheap Tamiya model of an m41 which will take a couple of hours to throw together as a test bed. I’m going to have a go.... if the general idea is any good I’ll post some pictures and move on to a super detailed version of an AFV.. you just wait....I’ll have you all reaching for the gold acrylic soon :smiling2::smiling:. Adam

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Adam
Sounds like something Patton would approve of...in my minds eye I can see him taking salutes in one...
Cheers
Tim