Good knight!

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I thought I would try something a little different so I got a 1:16 Miniart English Knight XV Century, I got the Vallejo metals in stock the other day so this gave me an excuse to try one of them, apart from Alclad2 I've never really found a good metal type paint, and the trouble is Alclad is you need to had a well ventilated room and it's a lot of messing about cleaning your ab after, I tried the silver and I am quite impressed with it, I've taken a couple of pictures which are from my phone and aren't brilliant, but I've taken 1 with flash and 1 without

View attachment 31807

View attachment 31808

knight.jpg

knight1.jpg

M

m1ks

Humbrol buffable metalcote is very good re metallics, nice fine metalflake and buffs beautifully, theres alu, polished alu, steel and gunmetal.

That looks like the black knight from Monty Pythons holy grail :smiling3: Come back you bugger, I'll bite your legs off!

F

Fenlander

Looks a nice bright silver John. What an interesting subject to. Hope you are going to update us with this build. It is good to see some good acrylic paint though.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
He, he I was looking at those a month or so ago. Was tempted to but resisted.

Not sure I understand the comment about the clean up after alclad, I think its one of the easiest paints to clean up after. Are you using their airbrush cleaner? IT IS THE BEST I HAVE EVER USED. For any type of paint.

I also agree that humbrol Metalcote is a very good one to. Sprays a treat and buffs up luverly!

Look forwards to seeing this knight finished!

Ian M

M

m1ks

Clean ups certainly no messier but with Cellulose thinners it's a bit more 'closed room' unfriendly than IPA or acrylics brush cleaner I guess

S

Sky Raider

Looks fantastic John, i will keep a keen eye on this one, i will also try not to get converted like i did with the tanks lol.

Cheers

Andy

B

Bunkerbarge

Always interesting to see different metallic finishes John. This is certainly an unusual subject to try them out on and the contrast between cloth and metals should make for a very interesting model.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I've only used Alclad once and it took me ages to clean my ab it seems like I didn't use the right stuff

M

m1ks

Hmmm, strange.

I take it was the Alclad II metallics you're referring to?

All I did was the same cleanup procedure as I do with any paint but using Cellulose thinners instead of Turps or IPA as I'd use with Enamel / Acrylic, I ofte use Cellulose as a needle wipe when it gets a bit draggy as this will clear anything off the needle regardless.

All much smellier and things get floaty if you don't wear a mask and have a window open but certainly no different procedurally.