Graeme's Airfix Cromwell

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice to see this back Graeme.
After the move you can relax finishing this :nerd::smiling2:.
John .

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Moving and modelling? You are a brave man. Nice to see the wet stuff on

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Thanks Guys, yes will be moving as soon as the solicitors sort everything out, which could be a while yet.:anguished:
Trying to sort all the paperwork they send me doesn't leave much time for modelling, it's like having a second job.:confounded:
I was hoping to finish this one before I get moved!:surprised::rolling:

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Graeme
Sorry I am late in. I'm another who likes the D-Day look. Seems to have gone together well and looks great under paint.
Jim

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Hi Jim, thanks, it's a nice little kit & went together quite well, I just had to go for the wading gear, it just makes it look different.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
A bit more progress, the decals are on, the star on the turret roof is a bit awkward & needs a bit of white paint to make it look right. Next up is a gloss varnish & weathering.

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
I hope the decal settled down for you. Looking forward to seeing more progress shots. Will there be a base?

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Hi Steve, I managed to get the decal something like by splitting it & using white paint to tidy it up.
It's now weathered & varnished, so I'm calling it finished. I hadn't really thought about a base, but there are a couple of landing craft in a D-Day set my nephew bought years ago.:thinking: Hmmm, maybe.

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Well done mate. Another wonderful contribution to the GB. It certainly looks the DB's in the sunshine.

I have to do mine in the coming weeks with dodgy glue, paints and a hairy brush:smiling2:. If its half as good as this I will be happy. Great stuff sir

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Thanks Steve! Having seen your efforts on here, I'm sure yours will be a cracker.

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Sadly not with a dodgy tube of glue, mini paint pot, and three hairs on the paint brush. No airbrush, no primer, no oils, and no pigments. It's the end of the world!