Graeme's Dragon Panther D Kursk 1943

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I take it you won't be putting tracks around the turret then LOL That's rather poor them not supplying enough tracks for the hull. Great update

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Paul, Rick, Steve, thanks for the kind words, the magic tracks were an extra that came with the kit, fortunately it came with the original track links on sprues, so I could cover the entire tank if I wanted to!:rolling::smiling5:

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Nice progress Graeme, the Panther looks good :thumb2:
Steven

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Thanks Steven, I've made a start on the camo today, I'll post some pictures soon.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
There you go, Graeme. Great Progress. Rick H.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Rick, Scottie, thanks for the support, as promised, pictures of the camouflage painting so far. It's been airbrushed freehand and needs a bit of tidying with a bit of dunklegelb here & there. The schurtzen keep falling off as they aren't glued, but there will be a few missing on the finished model. Oh & the commanders hatch has come off, Again!

DSC00505 (1024x680).jpgDSC00506 (1024x680).jpg

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Sorry that I am a bit behind on your kitty Graeme. I have been following, but forgetting to comment. I like your camo and how good it turned out freehand. What size AB tip did you use to spray it???

Oh and don't worry, the side skirts didn't last too long in combat anyway….

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
The ideal thing would be to leave off the ones that keep falling off! (put the hatch on):rolling: The camo came out very nice. not over done as some I have seen in the past from that period. (not on this forum) Looking forward to the next steps of this really clean build. Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice camo pattern Graeme. Very effective. On my Panther the issue were the spare track holders on the side of the hull. In the end I gave up and left them until the very last job to do. You may want to do the same with the shurtzeegurneewernies. Keep it coming mate

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Paul, thanks mate, still a bit of work to do finish the camo yet.
Steve, thanks for the heads up, the spare track holders look a bit iffy. I'm going to take your advice on the schurtzen for sure, bloody things keep falling off, much like the real thing!:rolling: