Graeme's Dragon Panther D Kursk 1943

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Here's my entry, which I will start as soon as I get the Puma for the recon GB somewhere near finished. Dragon Panther Ausf D, Kursk, a few extras, Eduard etch, turned barrel, Panzer Art cupola, Mig grills and magic tracks.
DSC00238 (1024x680).jpg

DSC00239 (1024x680).jpg

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Graeme,
Looks like a box of fun and extras as well.
Looking forward to this:thumb2:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I'm so glad you have joined in with the Panther Graeme. Good luck with the Dragon destructions. You certainly have a lot of extras to keep you busy mate. Good luck

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Ian, Si, Steve, thanks guys, between Dragons instructions, the extras & the Puma on the recon GB to finish, it will take me the 6 months to finish it!

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
I have finally got started on the Panther, now that I'm getting to the end with the Puma.
I started with the hull, the instructions tell you to build up the upper hull with the sponson bottoms (the bit above the tracks) attached & attach it to the lower hull. WRONG! There are flanges on the lower hull sides to attach the sponson bottoms to, which should fit under the flanges, but won't if you have already glued them to the upper hull. Fortunately the glue wasn't set and I managed to separate it, then build it up, but not without a bit of swearing!
DSC00293 (1024x680).jpg
DSC00294 (1024x680).jpg

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Graeme,
Good old instructions eh, sometimes less than helpful!
Good to see the progress though :thumb2:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice to see you up and running with this one. Looking forward to seeing the turret

prichrd1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Graeme,

Nice looking kitty - now got 2 in the stash - will observe from a distance if that's o.k. ?

I'm in Graeme, I'll sit with Steve and Si as I know nothing of German armour other than there are too many wheels !

Keep an eye on Komrad 453 Race - he's actually spying - the reason why he says there are so many wheels on German armour is because one of his techniques is to crawl underneath or let the vehicle drive over him to look for weaknesses under the hull. :tongue-out3: :tongue-out3:

Paul.
:smiling2:

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Glad to have you all along chaps, Dragon instructions are only there to confuse us!
Comrade Race (AKA Sparky Pyromanov) is under observation, an eye on him and a hand on the fire extinguisher!
There are quite a few wheels to go at, but not as many as on a Tiger....

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hatch locks, periscope covers, ventilator and a bit of sanding down on the bottom end of the glacis plate

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
That's about all! Work & life are limiting bench time, hope to get a bit more done this week.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
ive got the same model sat waiting patiently in the shed for me to decide to have a crack at it, looking forward to seeing how yours progresses.. :thumb2: