Graeme's Dragon T-34/76 Model 1941 1/35

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Managed to get a bit more done, finished the turret, the roof needed a little persuasion to go in, but with a little pressure & left with a couple of rubber bands overnight fixed it. I had to remove & re-fix one of the periscope covers, so it was open, as the commander has no way of seeing out with the rather large single hatch shut! One of the problems of these early T-34's was poor visibility for the crew, as well as the commander being overworked with operating the guns as well as directing the tank.

00250025.JPG
I've been adding the smaller parts to the hull too, the fuel tanks have PE clamps, which I'm using, made using four parts & there are eight of them. Small & fiddly!
00260026.JPG

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
A bit more progress, I've managed to fix the PE clamps for the fuel boxes, fiddly!
The hull & turret had a few small gaps to fill, various small parts fitted to the hull, some other parts like the spare tracks & grousers will be added after painting.
Next thing will be to add some wire to the headlamps, then it will be ready for paint, 4BO (is that Red Army deoderant?)
00010001.JPG
00020002.JPG

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
John, Lee, Si & JIm, Thanks for the kind words & encouragement.
I've just got back from Scotland, at my Aunt's funeral unfortunately, driving through a fair bit of wind & rain, not as bad as Lee's snowstorms though. I should be able to get a bit of bench time & get a bit more done.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry to read of your loss Graeme. Condolences to you and the family .

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Graeme ,
That`s looking mighty fine mate.... the etch and Barrel certainly add that extra "something":cool:,
I look forward to seeing the paint going on..... no pressure of course :money-face::tears-of-joy:!!
Andy,
(And,of course,my condolences for your Aunt.)

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
John & Andy, thanks for your kind words, getting back to the bench is a good idea, a bit of something I enjoy.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John, Lee, Si & JIm, Thanks for the kind words & encouragement.
I've just got back from Scotland, at my Aunt's funeral unfortunately, driving through a fair bit of wind & rain, not as bad as Lee's snowstorms though. I should be able to get a bit of bench time & get a bit more done.
Sorry for your loss Graeme

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Rick, Gerry & Lee thank you for your kind words, progress has been a bit slow over the last week or two.
All I've managed to do are the two tow ropes & some of the individual track links, hope to get a bit more done soon.
00010001.JPG

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Progress has been to say the least, slow, thanks to a number of things, including another Aunt's funeral in Scotland.
Here is where it is, everything built up on the hull & turret, the track links took a lot of sanding to remove the sprue attachments & ejector pin marks, which were on the flat face of the track.
00020002.JPG
00010001.JPG
The first coat of primer is done today, pictures of that later!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's some good progress Graeme, those track parts can seem soul distorting at times , but the result must be worth it .:thumb2: