Graeme's Panzer IV, Simon's memorial build.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Here's my entry for Simon T's memorial GB, an Italeri Panzer IV, with a few extras, an etch set, gun barrel & mantlet and Dragon indy link tracks.
I'm going to see how much I can improve an old kit, if I can do half as well as Simon did, I'll be well pleased.
DSC02161 (1024x680).jpgDSC02518 (1024x680).jpg

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Graeme,

Hope everything is ok and you are well. This kit is a real flashback to Italeri's heyday. You have to definitely love that green plastic they molded it in. Looks like you have everything you need for a great build Sir....

Are you sure you don't want to use the kit's tracks??? They already have some sag built in them..........

Prost
Allen

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Thanks for your kind words & support guys!
A start has been been made, with drive housings & top roller brackets added to the hull tub. unfortunately when I found a lot of ejector pin marks on the hull rear plate, right where they can be seen. Cue the filler! Moved onto the suspension bogies, the need quite a bit of sanding to make them look right.
DSC02519 (1024x680).jpg

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Thanks Lee & Fernando, it's an old kit with a few ejector pin marks & seams in places, but I will persevere with it.
A bit more done, finished filling & fettling the hull rear plate & fitted it to the hull. The suspension bogies have been sanded & fitted too, hopefully the rest of the kit won't need as much work!
DSC02520 (1024x680).jpg

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Looking great!!,I used to do Italeri kits in the 80s as a teen,Its nice sometimes to just get an older kit and just enjoy putting it together and not worrying about accuracy and updates.
Richard

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Jim, Si, Andrew & Richard, Thanks for the encouragement, sometimes doing an old kit is just fun!
A bit more done, made a start on the upper hull, a bit of fettling of the parts was needed (a bit of a theme going on there). Some filler will be needed in places, removal of some plastic for replacement with etch is next.
DSC02601 (1024x680).jpg

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Thanks Bob, I've built a couple of their Crusader kits, which are ok, but need a few upgrades.
I've started on the turret, building up the shell, again a bit of fettling required! A bit of modification was needed to make the resin mantlet fit, the casting block on the mantlet was on the turret side which was sawn off & filed flat. The gun mount had a flat filed onto it to mate to the mantlet, after a bit of trial & error it looked right.
DSC02602 (1024x680).jpg
DSC02603 (1024x680).jpg