Graeme's Panzer IV, Simon's memorial build.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Happy New Year mate. Coming along really well. Nice base coat. Keep it comin my friend

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Paul, Steve & Bob, Thanks for the compliments & encouragement.
Not much progress, just a bit of painting on the wheels & tools, hope to have some worthwhile progress to report soon!:rolling:

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Thanks Steve, the track links are done!
DSC03519 (1024x680).jpg

Managed to to a bit more on the panzer, mostly attaching tools & painting small details. The decals are done, a lot of microsol was needed to get the turret numbers to sit down on the turret side vision ports, not the easiest of positions to do.
DSC03518 (1024x680).jpg

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Thanks Paul, rubber band tracks are starting to look attractive......:rolling:
I'm honoured Bob, mind you, I haven't even started to assemble them yet!:anguished:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Graeme

Looking good so far. Well done indeed.

ATB.

Andrew

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Steve, the track links are done!
View attachment 411691

Managed to to a bit more on the panzer, mostly attaching tools & painting small details. The decals are done, a lot of microsol was needed to get the turret numbers to sit down on the turret side vision ports, not the easiest of positions to do.
View attachment 411692
....... not only Barking mad....... but rather good too!!:thumb2:
That really is looking the business,cracking work on those troublesome decals too mate. You really are turning this old,lacking kit into a very nice representation of an iconic Tank.:cool:
I don`t have Mr.Race`s "Dogs" pic to put up....... and i`m PRETTY SURE i`m not allowed to post up a pick of the other part of that two word expression!!
Suffice to say...... EXCELLENT WORK SIR , it`s a credit to you!!
Andy

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Thanks very much Andrew.:thumb2:
Andy, has it taken you this long to work out I'm barking mad?!!!!! Thanks for the kind words & encouragement. Wibble!
I've done a coat of gloss varnish today, ready for the weathering, more soon.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
A bit more progress, weathering the panzer with vallejo model wash, various stains using lifecolour oil & fuel, a bit of chipping, sand/desert dust applied using mig pigments. I've had a bit of fun doing the weathering, it looks a bit stark in the pictures with the flash, but better in natural light. A start has been made on the indy link tracks, the fun just never stops....
DSC03615 (1024x680).jpg
DSC03616 (1024x680).jpg