Graeme's Panzer IV, Simon's memorial build.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking good Graeme. Well done.

Andrew

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Paul, Tim, Andrew & Lee, thanks guys, there's a bit of work to do on the weathering, a bit more in some places, toning it down in others, not to mention the tracks!:anguished:

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Thanks Bob!
A bit of work has been done on a base for the Panzer. It started as a picture frame, the glass removed & the backing glued into the frame. The metal frame painted using dark yellow primer, the sand is, well sand! Dried & sieved, glued using PVA glue diluted with water & a drop or two of washing up liquid to help it spread, sprayed on to the sand, you can tell I used to build model railways when I was younger! Still a bit to do on the base, some adjustments to sit the tank down after I finish the tracks & maybe a few small plants as found in the Western Desert.
DSC03736 (1024x680).jpg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
What difference now from that green plastic Graeme, that coat of dust brings it to life.
Agree with my learned friend from the colonies about the swearing !

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Lee, Thanks, plenty still to do!
Paul, if swearing made a better model, mine would be brilliant!
John, thanks, I was glad to get that green plastic covered up, the dust helps me forget about it!
I've spent a bit of time doing the tracks on the second side, pictures to follow.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Thanks Steve, encouragement is much appreciated!
The tracks on both sides are finished now & the panzer had had a coat of matt varnish to seal the weathering. Next up is setting in place on it's base.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
I managed to get a bit of bench time & set the panzer on it's base. Sand was put on the base around where the tracks go & soaked with diluted PVA glue, the tank was placed on the base, a screw was put through the base & screwed through the nut glued inside the floor of the tank. There's a bit more to do, adding more sand around the tracks, a bit more dust weathering the tracks & a few bits to add to the base. I'm going for the abandoned look for this Panzer, hence the broken track!
DSC03807 (1024x680).jpg
DSC03808 (1024x680).jpg

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Added a few things to the base, tools scattered around as if the crew tried to get the tank back into action, a wheel to replace the damaged one, were they forced to abandon their tank as the enemy closed in?
DSC03809 (1024x680).jpg

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Thanks Andrew, a couple more bits done today, it's close to done.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Graeme
Looking very good. I like the tools etc left from the abandoned attempt to fix the tank - nice touch.
Jim