Graham D's USS New York Trumpeter 1/350

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Graham, that is class workmanship. How you P.E. wallahs manage such fiddly bits is beyond me. I can't even see them, let alone stick them to something!

Very impressive build.

Ron

G

Graham D

Graham, that is class workmanship. How you P.E. wallahs manage such fiddly bits is beyond me. I can't even see them, let alone stick them to something!

Very impressive build.

Ron
Ron,

Thanks for the comments.
What you don't see is the frustration of the bits sticking to every thing except what they are meant to. A lot of the time I spend on my hands and knees looking for the parts that have pinged out of the tweezers, and the profuse swearing. If I had a swear box, I would have enough for another boat + the PE

G

Graham D

The funnel is installed and rigged. I didn't have any clear pictures of where the rigging is attached to the deck, so I made an informed guess.funnel.jpg

G

Graham D

I haven't updated this build log recently, but I have been slowly working at the model, so here is an update. All the guns and ammo boxes are fitted , the main mast is finished, just need some rigging before putting on the main guns.
ammo boxes.jpg ammo boxes1.jpg ammo boxes2.jpg ammo boxes3.jpg main mast.jpg Main mast1.jpg main mast2.jpg main mast4.jpg main mast5.jpg mainmast3.jpg

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Oh WOW that is superb, very inspiring, going to have to get me a 1/35o ship to build me thinks. Last one i had was the Tamiya Enterprise when i was a lot younger, got bored and threw it away, now i see the price of the thing, wish i hadnt !!. Can remember taking it home from Shrewsbury to Telford on the Bus, proud as punch.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice work Graham. Seems like the longer evenings are getting people back at the benches..

G

Graham D

Oh WOW that is superb, very inspiring, going to have to get me a 1/35o ship to build me thinks. Last one i had was the Tamiya Enterprise when i was a lot younger, got bored and threw it away, now i see the price of the thing, wish i hadnt !!. Can remember taking it home from Shrewsbury to Telford on the Bus, proud as punch.
Thanks,
I had the same thing with a billings boat model, except I finished it and when I moved didn't have any room for it so I chucked it. At the time I bought it it was about £50 in 1986, now looking at the price at nearly £300, I wish I had kept it