Great Central Railway in the making!!

S

shadowmaker

Loughborough Great Central Railway in the making!!

just started build my model lay out on to the boards and it is longer than i thought it would be it may stretch from 1 end of the house to the other (end to end lay out)and also may have to put a 90 degree angle in it to keep it going to the runaround end. slight modification to the Loughborugh great central layout pictures available at http://www.gcrailway.co.uk

Last edited:
B

Bunkerbarge

I like the nice traditional rolling stock, brings back many memories of my layout when I was young.

B

BigJBB

Which scale ?

Hello all, just a quick question if I may. Which scale is this in please? It looks to me to be O-gauge as the level of detail visible on the coaches appears very clearly.

cheers

Jim

S

shadowmaker

it is 00 guage i am now doing the shed end of loughborough GCR then will start the mainline out of loughborough GCR soon as i have run out of board after i used the last 1 plus i need to buy some more track and after spending £400 on railway stuff within the last month i am running bit low on money.the station is made from the cardboard kits that you can buy i am using the quickmodels kits at the min!

S

shadowmaker

at the min i am currently making some changes to the shed area and it involved lifting the track and reposition it cos the real thing is more curved than what i have it! which will also mean making changes to the station and depature area the other side of the bridge by moving the track abit

S

shadowmaker

well i have been doing abit more after alot of alteration i am now working on the buildings i have bought a GCR bridge kit that i came across in my old model shop i haven't used it but scanned it in the computer and then printed it off now i am working on getting the buildings mocked up i will then try an get pictures done to put up here. WATCH THIS SPACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

B

Bluewavestudios

Reminds me of the days huddled in the Loft at my Mum & Dads with my large layout, that was the only place I could have it permanently set out but I spent many Happy quiet hours up there !!

Keep the good work coming !!

Regards.....Mark.

S

shadowmaker

well i have been building the bridge just lately been a cow to sort out but it getting there!!! there has been so many bits cut for bracing the road part to lay the card (from metcalfes platform kit) now i am having to work out the frontage of the GCR building and the sides etc.

S

shadowmaker

Here is another view of what i have done but for now untill i have done it this is a rough idea of what it may look like apart from there is a building and a bridge before the station ( oh did i mention the steps as well????)!

S

shadowmaker

well i have been working on the building and i have decided to use metcalfe steps ( 2 sets of steps joined together) prototype GCR style bridge and brick paper that i downloaded from a website. i have got the building sorted now and i am working on the platform, roof of the building and the bridge.

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Hi Ian I have been following your progress on the other forums and you are coming along really well I look forward to seeing more of your layout as you progress further with it.