Greg's RPM 1/72 Staghound

Greg_147

SMF Supporter
First Name
Greg
Hi all,

Hope it's alright to put an entry in here, I've dug this one out of the stash box and fancied giving it a crack!

EDIT: Turns out the King Tiger from Italeri was.....bad. Very low detail, bad moulding, and once it was all put together, the tracks started snapping. It wasn't really any fun at that point, so in the bin it went, and I'm going to forget it ever happened!

So my build is now a 1/72 Staghound, which was originally going to feature on the same mini-diorama with the King Tiger. Enter RPM, a company I've never used before, and a very proto-typey rocket-launching armored car from Canada.

20191030_170819.jpg
20191030_170853.jpg

Here's hoping this goes a little better... :smiling5:

Thanks,
Greg

Last edited:

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Never enough Tiger II threads :smiling5:...
Looking forward to the build :thumb2:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Greg,
Great to have you along for the AAGB :smiling4: Good luck with your build :thumb2:

Greg_147

SMF Supporter
First Name
Greg
Original post has been edited, the King Tiger was a bit of a lost cause, so now for something completely different!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
You could have started a new thread, they’re free, you know :smiling3: Also, the title still says “Italeri” when you mean “RPM” now.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Sorry to hear about the Tiger. Looks like a great replacemenet build. Good luck Greg

Greg_147

SMF Supporter
First Name
Greg
Didn't want to untidy the place :smiling5: Thread title updated!

Greg_147

SMF Supporter
First Name
Greg
20191111_214640.jpg

Some slight progress made. It's actually a surprisingly detailed kit, and set to be absolutely covered in tools, boxes, accessories etc.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Greg

I've just asked for this for my birthday (in two weeks) or Christmas, although I won't be adding the rocket launchers. How have you found it? You've not mentioned any major issues. Is there anything I need to be aware of?

All the best.

Andrew

Greg_147

SMF Supporter
First Name
Greg
Hi Andrew,

It's not been too bad overall! It's a little gappy in places (like the top of the chassis in the pics), but nothing terrible. The instructions are a little questionable, with some parts not linking up to their number on the sheet. It's quite detailed though, and has interior options (engine, crew compartments etc).

I've decided not to put the rockets on either. On the box art, there's a metal guard that covers the base of the cannon, and the rocket rig attaches to that. On the model, this guard doesn't fit well at all, and is too large. So I'll be leaving it off, which means no rockets!

Thanks,
Greg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Greg
That looks a nice kit. From your lack of complaint it seems to have gone together fine. Look forward to the next stage.
Jim

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Andrew,

It's not been too bad overall! It's a little gappy in places (like the top of the chassis in the pics), but nothing terrible. The instructions are a little questionable, with some parts not linking up to their number on the sheet. It's quite detailed though, and has interior options (engine, crew compartments etc).

I've decided not to put the rockets on either. On the box art, there's a metal guard that covers the base of the cannon, and the rocket rig attaches to that. On the model, this guard doesn't fit well at all, and is too large. So I'll be leaving it off, which means no rockets!

Thanks,
Greg

Hi Greg

Thanks for the info and I see what you mean about the gaps. I'll also keep an eye out for the iffy instructions too.

I found a build blog of this somewhere and apparently (obvious caveats apply) they only made one prototype with the Tulips fitted and so it never saw service.

Thanks again for the info.

Andrew

EDIT. Just reread your intro and raised you mentioned the prototype thingy

Last edited:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice to see the wet stuff on her now Greg. Lookin goooooood