Gun Carrier Mk 1

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Does anyone know about these?
Apparently mechanically based on the Mk 1 tank. According to the Tank Museum " This was to carry an artillery piece and ammunition forward, allowing artillery to more easily keep up with advancing forces. In the event they were mainly used to carry supplies."
I don't recall seeing these before.
Pete

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I’ve come across them before, they were the first SP gun I think. Fifty were supplied. I think Emhar make a kit of one, but I might be wrong.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Just checked, they only make the Tadpole mortar carrier.....

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
They’re one of the rarer tank(-like vehicle)s of the First World War, yes. They do appear in the better books (and, I suppose, web sites) on the subject, but I doubt they’re well-known. I suppose it would be a relatively easy scratchbuild, provided you don’t mind making about a million rivets :smiling3:

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Here you go..................................https://www.scalemates.com/kits/panzershop-ps35c110-gun-carrier-marki--107246
Don't think it'd be cheap!
Dave
I found an American review that said it was $260 in 2011!

They’re one of the rarer tank(-like vehicle)s of the First World War, yes. They do appear in the better books (and, I suppose, web sites) on the subject, but I doubt they’re well-known. I suppose it would be a relatively easy scratchbuild, provided you don’t mind making about a million rivets :smiling3:
Relatively easy? It's alright for you to say that!

I wasn't planning on building one, but it was something I hadn't seen before and wondered if anyone else knew of it.

Pete

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I found an American review that said it was $260 in 2011!
Ouch …

Relatively easy? It's alright for you to say that!
Let me rephrase that: it would seem to be a relatively easy scratchbuild until you actually get part of the way in ;)

I wasn't planning on building one, but it was something I hadn't seen before and wondered if anyone else knew of it.
I think it got snowed under a bit by the attention given to the more glamorous actual tanks, as well as the small number produced relative to those.

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Hi guys if you want a 1 72scale there was one in resin nice kit, i have built one in a dio unloading gun if this is your scale I will try to find manufacturer.