Gunther Prien Self-Isolation Tour 2020

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
20200321_100805.jpg

We're hiding in North Yorkshire awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse. As such, having to travel craft. Chose this sub generously supplied by a SCF member. With limited supplies, won't be as lovingly rendered as I would like, but hope to knock it off with some quality.

Most proud of my travel kit so far. I know how to pack.

20200319_121805.jpg

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Spanner, you may end up wishing you'd kept it just because of what I do to it.

I apologise to purists and authenticists (that's definitely a word), but sometimes I just have to add some artistic license. For a start, if the Kriegsmarine didn't paint the tips of their torpedoes red, it's no wonder Jurgen Prochnow looked so worried.

20200324_093238.jpg

You can look forward to the submariners' uniforms getting a bit of dash as well when I get to that.

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Restarted, WIP photos to follow.

First task, paint the little geezers. Not my strong point, they're 4mm high. They seem at first to be recreating the Nothing Like A Dame newsreader skit from Morecambe and Wise.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Bobby....at this scale (1/125) crew figures should be about 15mm high?? Good scale to recreate the newsreaders though.....you should be able to see Reggie Bosanquet’s wig come off.....

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Bobby....at this scale (1/125) crew figures should be about 15mm high?? Good scale to recreate the newsreaders though.....you should be able to see Reggie Bosanquet’s wig come off.....
Yes probably. At present they're sunk to the waist in Blu-tac so I suspect they are taller. I wanted to make the jerseys striped, but just too tiny. Especially Kenneth Kendall.

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Finally finished it. Was an interesting build, although as ever disappointed with Revell's spindly bits. I'd never have done a 'normal' sub, as I've said before military stuff doesn't really excite me (even though I have edited books on MH!). If it weren't a quicky I'd have messed about with some weathering, rust etc., but I have irons in the fire I want to get on with.

Big ups to Spanner for flogging it to me.

Feel free to critique, now I have my excuses out of the way!