Gunze Mr.Color Navy Blue H54 ?

First Name
Gary
Its listed on my paint scheme for the USS North Carolina. I don't mind stretching the colour a bit but I am struggling to find somethong close in Vallejo Air or even some of the others. On the paint guide it looks more of a proper Navy Blue but the colour H54 is more of a dark teal blue grey. Vallejo 71.091 Signal Blue is a nice dark blue.

Anyone any advice on a colour they have used for this please ? As I said I am happy to be a bit creative but want to stick closely as I can to the lovely dark blue that was used if I can

I've chosen Mr Hobby C-14 Navy Blue as the colour suggested by the model guide. Unless you know better ?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7181

Not sure of you are getting slightly mixed up with the ranges a bit Gary. The Mr Color lacquer colours start with a C, the aqueous Mr Hobby ones start with a H, and the numbers don't necessarily tie up between the two.

i.e. Mr Color C-16 isn't the same color as Mr Hobby H-16 for instance.

First Name
Gary
Oh, I know Andy. I'm spanning across all makes and types to find a good match. Mr Hobby C-14 Navy Blue looks to be the same colour as H-54. Thing that threw me was most of them are a dark grey when dried but have the word blue in their name. An oddity I'm used to with model colours now. The word Blue is often deceptive. Oddly enough the V.A 71.091 dries a very very dark blue which looks quite nice to me and I have that. But I'm tempted to still get the Mr Hobby C14 or H54 Navy Blue just for closeness to the guide and I will be brushing it on. Probably go for the C-14

Last edited: