GWP Ruins dio constructed from home materials during lockdown.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Richard
The little details so often make a model. Great looking little cart and nice work sorting out the pot carrier.
Jim
Thanks Jim, tbh I was a bit squimish sanding away her left breast to fit the pot. It had to be snug against her hip.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Today I got to build up another two more figures. I find this set of MB figures have really natural poses and fit well.

G18.jpg

I will be adding shoes on their feet and the rear boy will have shorts and will carry the bucket once I've done the shorts and added the handle.
Just getting the poses ready before puttying and sculpting.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 5496

Just come upon this Richard.

Superb work. The artistic & imaginative in put is incredible.

Laurie

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Today I got to build up another two more figures. I find this set of MB figures have really natural poses and fit well.

View attachment 424250

I will be adding shoes on their feet and the rear boy will have shorts and will carry the bucket once I've done the shorts and added the handle.
Just getting the poses ready before puttying and sculpting.

Cheers,
Richard
Those figures look good, liking the patch on the knee of the child at the back, nice little touch by the manufacturer (pity that it's going in a way!) as you say, they've got some natural poses.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Gerry, you win some and lose some like the old lady has a great pose pouring contents of a jug into a cup but I needed her to be waiting in a que and hugging a pot. The French living in towns still managed to dress well in Normandy so converting Russian peasants garments unfortunately is also needed. I only hope I get it right.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Just come upon this Richard.

Superb work. The artistic & imaginative in put is incredible.

Laurie
Hi Laurie, missed your post. Thanks. Just trying a scene that's frequently seen in devastated towns liberated by the Allies but seldom done up.

Cheers,
Richard

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
They are looking really good Richard. Love bored kid with his hands in his pockets!

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Nice retro bike Christopher. Looks really “Wallace and Gromit”! Is that front mudguard number plate stand legal though? I thought they were outlawed in about 1974.
Front plates are only 'not required' over here, not illegal (had one fitted to a '79 'semi-custom' for years no problems) not sure about the states rulings on them though.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Richard, I have every confidence that you'll get it right.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
They are looking really good Richard. Love bored kid with his hands in his pockets!
Thanks Tim, they all are good in the set. I'm just hoping the rest of the MB civilians are done by the same sculptor or he or she has sculpted for MiniArt.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Richard, I have every confidence that you'll get it right.
Gerry, I hope I have your confidence as I have trouble convincing myself at every new build. My fault too cos by the time I finish and start a new one, it's taken so long that I've forgotten what I did at the beginning. The skill is there but the technique needs referral everytime.

Cheers,
Richard

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Gerry, I hope I have your confidence as I have trouble convincing myself at every new build. My fault too cos by the time I finish and start a new one, it's taken so long that I've forgotten what I did at the beginning. The skill is there but the technique needs referral everytime.

Cheers,
Richard
Which is why I like forums - the techniques are recorded, and can be found quite easily ;)

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Which is why I like forums - the techniques are recorded, and can be found quite easily ;)
Ya with FB there's the neverending scrolling and still can't find what you're looking for. :tongue-out2:

Cheers,
Richard

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Just had a quick catch-up Richard. Love what you've done so far.

ATB.

Andrew

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi, I've been stuck for a while when I read that Fireflies didn't have applique armor because of the way they stowed their shells. But I remembered seeing a picture of one VC with it including the plate in front of the driver and co-drivers station. This occurred when I was about to add the cheek applique to the turret. After scouring my references I found the pic. But there is no evidence of the cheek applique. Then I realised I had puttied over what apparently is a rare resin direct vision version of the early Sherman from Verlinden....der. Anyway I wanted this for the Firefly.

ff1.jpg

Cheers.
Richard