H.M.S. Hood At Sea. Denmark Straits. 23th May 1941.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Paul, Chris and Tim, thanks for your most excellent comments.

Chris. Here you go.
I didn't have a flag, so I made one out of a bit of thin paper. I hope it passes muster........

High and Proud.
View attachment 431284

View attachment 431286

View attachment 431287

Cheers all and thanks again for all your cracking posts. :thumb2:

Ron
OH LOVELY 570 with the white ensign FLYING AN VERY WELL DONE ON MAKIN IT AN FLUTTERING IN THE WIND VERY REALISTIC an SHE NOW LOOKS COMPLETE NOW an she looks really ready to do battle with the Bissmark pity on how it turned out though SADLY :sad-face::sad: PS ONLY A BRITISH SHIP A MAN OF WAR ARE THE Only SHIPS ALLOWED TO FLY IT ANY ONE ELES WOULD GET HEAVYILY FINDED so i was told
chris

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Chris. She does look 'complete' with the addition of the Ensign, doesn't she?

Tim. Thank you too for your 'Help' ;)

Ron

Last edited:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Wondered when we'd see this little beauty at sea! I guess you've been swannin' about the countryside again with that No 1 gal of yours what caused the delay! That's Justine by the way - not that floosie matron!

PS You just KNEW I was gonna ask about the undrilled barrels din'tcha!? That's why you said they still 'ad their muzzle covers on!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
PS You just KNEW I was gonna ask about the undrilled barrels din'tcha!? That's why you said they still 'ad their muzzle covers on!

Thanks Dave. Apart from wandering about, I simply forgot I hadn't put the ship on some 'water'. :upside:

Ha! I sure did, Boss!
It still haunts me remembering the poor saps you've caught out in the past. I have no intention of being added to the list!

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for your nice comments, Joe.
Much appreciated. :thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Just caught up to this 570 and it's the "Bomb"!! Once again you have mastered the look of a vessel in heavy seas and it's a beauty, hard to say which I like better........Color or B/W, both are exceptional Sir. :thumb2:
Rick H.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
'ey up Ron! Yo've bin so quiet the last couple of weeks, I thought you was swannin' arahnd the countryside again jus' keepin' us all sittin' arahnd waitin' for your next production. Wot you got in the pipeline or am you deliberatedly keepin' us all in suspenders?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
OH LOVELY 570 with the white ensign FLYING AN VERY WELL DONE ON MAKIN IT AN FLUTTERING IN THE WIND VERY REALISTIC an SHE NOW LOOKS COMPLETE NOW an she looks really ready to do battle with the Bissmark pity on how it turned out though SADLY :sad-face::sad: PS ONLY A BRITISH SHIP A MAN OF WAR ARE THE Only SHIPS ALLOWED TO FLY IT ANY ONE ELES WOULD GET HEAVYILY FINDED so i was told
chris
Any Royal Navy craft can fly the ensign and can also be used at land based installations. Only commissioned vessels can set it to the mast head.
Vessels of foreign navies can also raise the Ensign in salute in British waters for a national holiday or HRH's Birthday.