Hachette 1/18 fully motorised Spitfire Mk1A

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Here’s another Partworks model recently completed i though you might like to see what £1000 would get you I chopped down the ridiculous 3ft square base from 6 sections into 2 and rejigged the internals of the box to suit so at least I’m able to put on something to display it
The model is made from mostly metal all the exterior panels are as is the engine prop blade spinner & it is fully articulated with working flaps ailerons elevators lights guns and propeller together with a reasonable soundtrack to boot
I did have an issue with 2 of the antennae wires snapping hence to brass rod replacements which still need painting and the oil filler cap which I haven’t added yet as I wanted to throughly test the model before bolting everything up
There also a remote control box which you can see next to it
I would like to be able to show you it working but the video file is way too big to send
Cost wise this was £9.99 the plane finished at part 100 the rest are ground crew and support equipment per issue for 120 parts so thats around £1200

Regards

Colin
DDBA3A29-AFC3-4F76-9221-881BB56BC1C9.jpeg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
£1200, wow. However, it does look very special. I wouldn't be surprised to see it sell at a good price, if you ever went that route.