Hachette Metal hulled Bismarck finished

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Hello

I didn’t post any of the build of this kit as it’s been ongoing for 3 years but today I finally finished rigging it
Now I don’t believe it’s an exact representation of the Bismarck but it satisfies the average person in the street who it is aimed at
I did add the blast bags for the main guns the black & white colour scheme they have chosen I believe should have extended onto the superstructure masts & any turrets in the lozenge shaped black and white stripe
As is supplied it is fully painted and detailed all you have to do is bolt the hull together assemble the various gearboxes and pcb controller boards make up the superstructure gun turrets DB6FF4C2-5986-4F96-B14A-C31F63DACB8C.jpeg800F86AE-58AB-4739-98FC-BEB7AC65E600.jpeg5354F65D-0A85-4A7C-AB6E-B81403243DD7.jpeg65108FB5-C738-470D-981B-E7A6510225D0.jpegetc and three quarters of the way through dissemble it as some of the electronics is below spec etc which results in broken pieces and snap off’s where it solely relies on ca glue to stick metal to metal etc
Anyway I digress as I said I finished rigging the thing today and in case anybody wanted to see what it looks like here are a few pictures of the finished article
I had issues with radars not turning and now it’s rigged it’s purely a static model

Regards

Colin

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great job there Colin. Sure is a heap of rigging on it.
The paint job by the way is not wrong. This is how the ship looked as she arrived in Norway. The stripes all the way up was during her shakedown voyage in the Baltic. So its all good.

Next job build a cabinet for it?

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Ian

Good Morning as you said I have a cabinet for it as part of the subscription as I don’t want any dust settling on that spiders web of rigging now it’s finished and as my past experiences have taught me anything involving rigging such as galleons or biplanes need to go under a cover to prevent them from deteriorating due dust encroachment which then makes cleaning them virtually impossible without damaging either the model or the rigging 9717F4EE-3804-4CDE-A61A-32B90F5B11A5.jpeg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That;s a stunning looking model Colin, certainly the way to protect it from dust.
The committee think that the rigging alone is worth a,
download THE DOGS.jpg

Extremely neat, congratulations.