Halftrack to Halftrack

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Mike a great little tutorial thank you for taking the time for explaining step by step how you made the pulley wheel which look's spot on :thumb2:, I'll have to look into these templates.
Pete.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mike. This gets more like a class in engineering :thumb2::thumb2:
John .

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Many thanks for sharing an insight into how you work. Learning a lot as always

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Mike a great little tutorial thank you for taking the time for explaining step by step how you made the pulley wheel which look's spot on :thumb2:, I'll have to look into these templates.
Pete.
Pete,
No problem, they are originally for re-scribing the panel lines on model aircraft.
Cheers, Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
John, Steve,
Many thanks for the comments, Steve, when you have AC/DC blasting away you do not need a mind :tongue-out3: just go with the flow. But in reality I try to set myself a goal and head there, more to see if I can do it.
Cheers, Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
Slow day today, must have had something to do with laying in and reading the new book till the early hours :nerd:.
But managed to add the jib stay brackets at the top of the jib, and begin to put together the hook. I would have had it done but just took my time while waiting for some thick sewing machine thread to arrive so that when the jib is folded/stowed I can get the sag on the 'cable'.
Also put the ducting in place and the 'pull' chord for the lights in the rear working compartment, look at the pic upside down to get the picture :upside:.

jibhook.jpg
Jib Hook....

ducting.jpg
...Light ducting.
Enjoy,
Cheers, Mike.

D

Deleted member 5819

Have to agree with Scottie most people wouldn't have bothered are even seen it come to that . I think a early night for you my lad.
Pete.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Have to agree with Scottie most people wouldn't have bothered are even seen it come to that . I think a early night for you my lad.
Pete.
The meds are on the way, and now off to watch an intelligent programme, The Chase, always give the wrong answers, messes with her mind.......

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow mike, I can't believe I missed this one. You have 2 on the go then Sir? This is another work of art in the making. I just can't keep up with you buddy...I really do love all the little details you add!

Gotta see if I can find some of those template things here in the Fatherland…………..

Prost
Allen

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
"Those about to rock. "
Takes me back to the N.EC when I was leaving a trade show, to be met by a train load of cheering denim clad fans. Earlier they had a sound check in the concert hall next door, when the cannon went off, so did all the fire alarm's where we were ! Mass exit,all good fun !

Nice hook by the way Mike.
John.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Wow mike, I can't believe I missed this one. You have 2 on the go then Sir? This is another work of art in the making. I just can't keep up with you buddy...I really do love all the little details you add!

Gotta see if I can find some of those template things here in the Fatherland…………..

Prost
Allen
Allen,
Yep! sneaked this one in under the radar, had to find something to take my mind of the bridgelayer having counted all the dots on the wallpaper, started to join them up, but got a slap and my crayon taken away :disappointed:.
Panel Scribing Templates are the correct terminology I think, have a look under the aircraft tools bits. Just had a look on ebay but that came up $$$$, so should be available in Germany.
Many thanks for the comments, I will be dropping by your build later, think I have your cold.
Cheers,
Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
The light fittings are now in place, so work can proceed a bit more and added the flourescent light bulb tubes, but they will go in after the interior is painted.

lightfitting1.jpg
lightfitting2.jpg
The hook is just about finished, just a bit of cleaning up to do. I did replace the pully wheel at the end of the jib, the one in place looke a bit on the small side (photo later).
hookwip.jpg
The odd angle of the plate is intentionable to add a bit of repair work. And that is it for today - now it is wheelie time on the AVLB.
Cheers,
Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
The new pulley wheel pic is below,
newpulley.jpg

Got tired of cutting wheels of sprue and cleaning them up, so decided to add the stowage hooks and then the extractor fan and guard.

fan1.jpg

fan2.jpg
Yet to be primed and painted after some more details.
Cheers, Mike.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Mike, it's been said before your eye for detail it truly amazing and the work you are producing is just stunning and I'm very happy you have come back to build this top class work :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:.
Pete.