Halftrack to Halftrack

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Update,
Today, was make a pully wheel day.
You come to a point where the Punch & Die set just will not give you the size you need, other tools will give the same result. Then it comes down to the 'P' Cutter, but even that has it's limits. So in between all of that are the templates. I first got my hands on mine a few years ago and have been either on the bench or in the tech drawing tools at college (some say mature student, but I would add an I ).
View attachment 320551
And as you can see there is quite a selection from leather punch through to templates. Also required is a scriber of either your own design or from a manufacturer.
Cheers, Mike.

Mike, I got my aluminum templates from my wife when she gave up her interior designing career to look after our daughter. Nowadays the computer has taken over drafting on tracing paper. The templates have been really useful for scribing aircraft panels. Used them to cut my pulleys for the Walrus catapult that I scratch built.

Your scratchy stuff is wicked man and impressive. I'd be taking meds perpetually if I scratch build like you have.

Cheers,
Richard

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Mike, I got my aluminum templates from my wife when she gave up her interior designing career to look after our daughter. Nowadays the computer has taken over drafting on tracing paper. The templates have been really useful for scribing aircraft panels. Used them to cut my pulleys for the Walrus catapult that I scratch built.

Your scratchy stuff is wicked man and impressive. I'd be taking meds perpetually if I scratch build like you have.

Cheers,
Richard
Steve,
I remember your excellent build on the Walrus catapault from the old site and I still have the plans. True about the computer taking over, I worked for a short time in the mock up shop for BAe at Hatfield on the 146 and A300/310 wing among other items, and even then the CAD was just coming into the workplace mainly for drawings but later for modelmaking.
The meds are there - I keep banging my head against the wall :face-with-head-bandage: .
Cheers, Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
The interior upper part is now complete apart from a wash, I have tried to replicate an area that really was not looked after, old vehicle and all that and with a few repaints one on top of the other.
inside1.jpg
The cage for the fan has also been added as has the florescent light bulbs.
fan.jpg
light fittings.jpg
And as for the rest there is plenty of priming on the go plus other items like ropes, chains, vice, compressor etc still to build/add/paint.
Thanks for looking,
Mike.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Mike, this is getting better and better, love the look of those florescent tubes, just one thing can't see the starters for the tubes, I'm only joking.
Hope you feel better soon.
Pete.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Mike, this is getting better and better, love the look of those florescent tubes, just one thing can't see the starters for the tubes, I'm only joking.
Hope you feel better soon.
Pete.
Oh you perfectionists..... I will be truthfull this was all from memory - what does a tube light look like DUH!
Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
A bit more painting and detailing on the work area, the air lines for the welding bottles, some old ropes, chains and bottle jack added. Still got the vice and compressor to add and then I am going to seal it all up.
weldpipes.jpg
oldropes.jpgbottlejack.jpg
Still some painting to finish off, but you can keep going forever adding.
Cheers, Mike.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Mike nice touches, as this was a REME vehicle it will need a kettle and beer lol

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Mike some very nice touches,Scottie it would be a tea urn, and Brad the lights don't work :smiling5::smiling5::smiling5:.
Cheers Pete the perfectionists :upside:.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Right you lot, tea urn is away getting repaired so a teapot will have to do, and yes the lights do work, you just have to close your eyes, see, now the're on, open them and they're off.....

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
Talking of lights, fitted the headlights and primed up the front end ready for paint.
headlights2.jpg
headlights.jpg
Been a slow day today :thinking:.
Cheers, Mike.