Halftrack to Halftrack

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
Out with the dogs on Tuesday so nothing done, but the fresh air cleared the head (bit like a box of frogs) and stopped the shaking.... damn that Polish wine and Rakia.
But made up for it today, the kettle is now in primer as is the gas bottle, the suspension is complete and ready for installation once the cab is painted and attached to the rear which will also gat a coat of paint. But more later. Hope your new year went well, at least the parts you can remember.....
Cheers,
Mike.
kettle.jpg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Look fwd to the SBS Mike, thank you .
Like wise have a great one .
John.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Oh boy missed a whole bunch of nice stuff Mike...will be going through the pages with a fine tooth comb. Happy New Year to you.

The kettle is a scream and if Scottie is impressed with the interior, I'm heading back to take a look... wait for the sound of the jaw drop.:smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wow did I miss some fantastic detailing… Glad I caught up right now ,,,,fantastic work Mike love the detail keep it coming

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Look fwd to the SBS Mike, thank you .
Like wise have a great one .
John.
John,
Check on monday, will put it on here for you.
Cheers, Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Oh boy missed a whole bunch of nice stuff Mike...will be going through the pages with a fine tooth comb. Happy New Year to you.

The kettle is a scream and if Scottie is impressed with the interior, I'm heading back to take a look... wait for the sound of the jaw drop.:smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard
Hi Richard,
Happy New Year to you. The kettle etc will be the end of the interior, it is time to start joining all the bits together. And thanks for the kind comments.
Cheers, Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Wow did I miss some fantastic detailing… Glad I caught up right now ,,,,fantastic work Mike love the detail keep it coming
Hi Joe,
Many thanks for the kind comments.
Cheers, Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
Hi all, just a short update, the gas bottle is finished as is the hose for the gas, and decided to get on and get the cooker made up which is now in primer. I tried to model it on this version...
cooker.jpg
FOR DISCUSSION ONLY.
...and i came out with this, not a very clear pic but it should look better in paint...
brewkit1.jpg
...just a bit of soft weathering to do and then on with the kettle - tea up!

Cheers, Mike.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Mike tea up shell I pour, two lumps or three. Top work again my friend this build just keeps getting better if that's possible.:thumb2:
Pete.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update.
The cooker is in basecoat and should be detail painted later.
A few days ago John Race asked me to do a small sbs on making ring bezels from copper wire. And if you are reading this and wondering haveing just looked at the pics, you have not wandered off somwhere else.
So, John, get your wire out....
wirerings1.jpg
wirerings2.jpg
wirerings3.jpg
Cheers,
Mike.
p.s. This will also be put on the tutorials section.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Nice SBS Mike,
a lot of us will find this very useful :smiling4: