Halftrack to Halftrack

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Pete Low, Jim R, Graeme and Paul.
Many thanks to you all for the kind comments.
Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
Finally put the top on to the work area last night and left it to dry overnight.
Today i removed the cross braces front and rear...
roof constrn1.jpg
... which are the plastic card across the front and the thich brass bar across the doorway.
Nothing fell off, so proceeded...
First job was to mask of the doors, and as the mini man has packed his job in I had to do it myself. Two pieces of plain paper were cut to shape and then using Humbrol Maskol I have used this as an adhesive to hold that paper. This will allow me to paint the whol vehicle and not have to worry about masking tape getting hold of the interior parts and removing them when i come to remove the tape. This will also be done for the back door and engine bay.
fronttop1.jpg
And as you can see I have made a start on the front top vehicle. So how to paint all of the interior once the model is complete and you cannot get in there safely. At the top left is a piece of plasicard that was prepainted aluminium a couple of weeks ago, matt varnished and left to fully harden. I then turned the plastic face down and cut all of the parts out, remembering to reverse for left or right sides.
fronttop2.jpg
And this is where I am tonight, the model has again been left to dry overnight and the final parts of the roof will be put in place tomorrow, left to dry and then it will all be cleaned up, last details added to the engin bay plus other details to be added during the week as I alternate between this and the AVLB...
Cheers, Mike.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mike.
Love it, liking the top cover part, and the plastic card use on the front.
John.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
John R, Si and Scottie,
Many thanks for the comments.
Si, felt a bit like the guy that painted himself into a corner, when I realised I could not finish of the interior paint, so that was the result. Just a bit of touching up on the middle box area but managed to get that done before installation.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
You may remember that during the interior build I installed an extractor fan...
fan2.jpg
Well, that is all well and good for the interior, but what about the exterior...
rear exfan.jpg
So I made up the other side of the fan today.
1. The slots for the brass strips cut into plasticard strip.
2. Brass strips being added.
3. Extractor fan position marked out.
4. Representation of the fan made up from copper ring and brass strip.
5/6 Almost finished, just got to add the mounting plate around the edges.
The slats were built as being a bit battered and worn due to the fact that there is a tow bar to be fitted below the fan which was a bit of a pain to take off and put on.

And that is it for today.
Cheers,
Mike.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Gordon Bennett that fan is good !
Impressed of Linc's.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Looking like the real thing. Great job so far

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
This is so far out of my comfort zone. I take my hat off to you for attempting this let alone doing it to such a high standard. A joy to watch:thumb2:

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
This is so far out of my comfort zone. I take my hat off to you for attempting this let alone doing it to such a high standard. A joy to watch:thumb2:
Hello Steve,
Must admit, not the craziest thing I have done to date, but getting there..
Cheers, Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
Finished off the fan housing today.
20190117_221338.jpg
Added one of the modified side racks but cemented it in the wrong place hence the glue line. Once this is cleaned up I will then add the rest of the framework for it.
Started work on the gas bottle rack that fits on the right side of the door...
gas bottle carrier.jpg
The lower left pic is wher I am tonight. Tomorrow will finish off the centre section, then the top, and last the centre upright. But in the centre 'U' section just visible in the real pic, there is a sort of double bent triangle to fit which has the restraining nut fitted. That is all marked out ready, but the eyes need a rest...
Cheers.
Mike.

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Mike, just Utterly fantastic and mad skill detailing here.. tea/ coffee stains on the counter where the mug sat previously... mad skills...no detail left un thought of by you..⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Loving all of the eye candy..great effort on your part

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Mike, just Utterly fantastic and mad skill detailing here.. tea/ coffee stains on the counter where the mug sat previously... mad skills...no detail left un thought of by you..⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Loving all of the eye candy..great effort on your part
Hello Joe,
Many thanks for the comments, well received.
Cheers, Mike.