Han Solo's Blaster

P

Polux

Excellent weathering work!!!

Looks so real, are you sure is not one of the original pistols of the film....? ;)

Polux

W

Waffen Bucks

\ said:
Excellent weathering work!!!Looks so real, are you sure is not one of the original pistols of the film....? ;)

Polux
;) Many thanks. I'm sure it's not from the film...hahahahaha

I just dry brushed on some tamiya alluminium with a blusher brush and some red brown with buff colour for the handle.

First Name
Dave
Looks like it was based on the Mauser C96 'Broom handle' 9mm pistol.Very realistic gunmetal finish you've managed there.

D

delmonteman

Now that's a transformation! Nothing beats a good blaster by your side!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

G

GazB

Mate, That looks superb, love the weathering. but on a serious note I wouldn't go waving it around the street. Although it's Han Solo's blaster it looks enough like a real firearm to possibly contravene the Crime Reduction Act. That's why things like bb guns have to be painted Blue or Orange etc, and probably why it was painted Orange even though it's just a toy. (Although if you are a member of a re-enactment society or airsoft club you can have an authentic looking weapon.)

Sounds stupid I know, but all it takes these days is someone to mention gun before all hell breaks loose.

(I feel like I have just joined the "spoilsport club" but I figured someone better mention it - and my apologies if you knew all of this garbage already -)

C

CDW

Brilliant transformation, very authentic looking .... makes me want to have a go myself :smiling3:

\ said:
Sounds stupid I know, but all it takes these days is someone to mention gun before all hell breaks loose.
Not silly at all Gaz ... if i ever mentioned in conversation what i had locked away you ought to see the looks i got ... basically like i was a serial killer ... and i had a section 1 firearms certificate and was totally legal !!!!

T

treyzx10r

\ said:
Looks like it was based on the Mauser C96 'Broom handle' 9mm pistol.Very realistic gunmetal finish you've managed there.
Was thinking the same! Great results!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent work mate it looks totally real , the gunmetal effect is great. I would agree with Gaz though , dont wave it about in the street ,it looks so realistic you'll have the armed response unit round there in a flash!!!! tony

W

Waffen Bucks

\ said:
Mate, That looks superb, love the weathering. but on a serious note I wouldn't go waving it around the street. Although it's Han Solo's blaster it looks enough like a real firearm to possibly contravene the Crime Reduction Act. That's why things like bb guns have to be painted Blue or Orange etc, and probably why it was painted Orange even though it's just a toy. (Although if you are a member of a re-enactment society or airsoft club you can have an authentic looking weapon.)Sounds stupid I know, but all it takes these days is someone to mention gun before all hell breaks loose.

(I feel like I have just joined the "spoilsport club" but I figured someone better mention it - and my apologies if you knew all of this garbage already -)
Thanks to all of you for your comments. I'm aware of the rules and regs regarding bb guns and replica firearms as i was a member of an airsoft club but you were correct in raising this issue, in case someone of younger years is reading these threads. Thankfully this piece is on display on a sideboard.

Important issues aside...yes it is based on a broom handled mauser. I have seen the Master Replicas version which can go for £400-£800.