Handsome visitors.

Caustik Filth

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rob
IMG_20221007_143747.jpgIMG_20221013_121034.jpgIMG_20221013_121925_1.jpgIMG_20221013_120424_1.jpgH.M.S. Severn in her blue/green camo known as 'Western Approaches' as applied to U-Boat hunters throughout much of the 1940's.
H.M.S. Severn is the first vessel since WW2 to have the paint job, which has little practical use these days, but instead serves as a tribute to sailors of the Battle of the Atlantic who operated in the same waters the warship regularly patrols. The captain was also wearing WW2 uniform when she docked, sadly I couldn't get a photo!IMG_20221014_111019_1.jpgIMG_20221014_121341.jpgIMG_20221014_111241_1.jpgIMG_20221014_121404_1.jpgThe Andrea Doria, a handsome Italian vessel with, I thought, quite unusual double forward turrets and another above the heli hanger. Couldn't get a view of the helicopter tho.
A few pics for the floaty crew and new recruit that I hope you enjoy!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Rob many thanks for shareing your pics of these ships an yes when ive finished my tiger i may have a go at HMS SEVERN's sis ship HMS CLYDE as my very last model as ive always since ive seen them thought they were a very weird shaped hull but i like them so there may be a clyde build in 1/48 th scale as i have most of the bits i need to build it an that Italian vessel is very similar to the R/N type 45 which im not to keen on an are you Rob COMIN in on the floaty side sayin you are a new recruit ? as i hope so as owm8 Bob the stug HAS COME over to the dark floaty side
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Again Rob been studyin the Italian vessel an it seems very unuasual to have two gun turrets on the bow so near the bridge an all that massive bow deck with nothing on it as our type 45 have a 4.5 inch auto gun mounted on their bows but still like this ship better than our type 45 very weird ps an just below that gun mounted on the hangar is that an exercept missle tube ?
chrisb

Last edited:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Nice one Rob,some great pics :smiling3:
Must be something about that twin gun deck..... It appears to be the only,(almost identical), couple of spots of heavy weathering on the entire ship. ;)
Andy

Caustik Filth

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rob
HI Again Rob been studyin the Italian vessel an it seems very unuasual to have two gun turrets on the bow so near the bridge an all that massive bow deck with nothing on it as our type 45 have a 4.5 inch auto gun mounted on their bows but still like this ship better than our type 45 very weird ps an just below that gun mounted on the hangar is that an exercept missle tube ?
chrisb
Sorry Chris I'm not coming over to the dark floaty side but had you and Bob in mind when I posted the pics.
I think it's a launcher under the aft turret and there's also a multi barreled launcher on the side and what I think is a 20mm auto cannon next to that, she seems well armed to me.
Cheers Rob.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Sorry Chris I'm not coming over to the dark floaty side but had you and Bob in mind when I posted the pics.
I think it's a launcher under the aft turret and there's also a multi barreled launcher on the side and what I think is a 20mm auto cannon next to that, she seems well armed to me.
Cheers Rob.
Awwwww an i thought we had a new floaty guy Awwwwww but never mind an many thanks for thinkin of us when you took them pics as i like very much
cheers Sir
chrisb