Handy Light for photos

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi all heres something I picked up in Home Bargains recently as I thought it might be useful . Its a ‘ selfie’ light ring , meant for saddos with low self esteem who take loads of pictures of themselves . It cost £9 and I thought it would be good for lighting a model when taking pictures . Its USB powered and comes with a small tripod , lead with controls for light colour ( warm white , bright white , cool white ) and brightness , and a fitting that you can affix your phone to if you want. I used a USB adapter plug and just plugged it in to the mains .The main reason i got it is so I can take pictures through the middle of it and hopefully avoid major shadowing. Heres a pic of it and one I took of the Harrier to test it . Pic taken with iphone 7 , light set to max brightness , bright white . Hope this is of some use , cheers tonyEBF913FC-447D-4DA3-8C65-D5E5FCDA4492.jpeg3646B533-7A00-4EA0-A474-7D4C67E6091E.jpegDB703009-1FF7-4FA8-BBFA-479C063FA85E.jpegC890D619-F17B-47BA-AA50-AA403C2AAA08.jpeg7B7C8783-28DA-4407-A698-CFEFB8B9E647.jpeg

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thanks Tony. Most useful!

Shadows are my main problem.

All I have to do is get my teenage daughter to buy one!

ATB.

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi all heres something I picked up in Home Bargains recently as I thought it might be useful . Its a ‘ selfie’ light ring , meant for saddos with low self esteem who take loads of pictures of themselves . It cost £9 and I thought it would be good for lighting a model when taking pictures . Its USB powered and comes with a small tripod , lead with controls for light colour ( warm white , bright white , cool white ) and brightness , and a fitting that you can affix your phone to if you want. I used a USB adapter plug and just plugged it in to the mains .The main reason i got it is so I can take pictures through the middle of it and hopefully avoid major shadowing. Heres a pic of it and one I took of the Harrier to test it . Pic taken with iphone 7 , light set to max brightness , bright white . Hope this is of some use , cheers tonyView attachment 407599View attachment 407600View attachment 407601View attachment 407602View attachment 407603
YEA Tony that might come in usefull when i take photos of my small ship parts but not for the whole ship but thanks for showin as ive never seen them before but jen says she has seen them an i say well you dint tell me an she answered saying i dont tell you everything Aaaaaaaaggggghhhhh women eh an tony where did you get yours from ?
chris

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks Tony for flagging this up. Just bought one and although I haven't used it for photos it looks as if it will be useful. Certainly worth a punt at £9.
Jim

First Name
Manuel
Thanks! I was thinking about what kinda lamp or lamps to use when taking photos of a model. Its looks very good and at a nice price.
Cheers!!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well worth having , no shop near me but found them on Evilbay at the same price , and some at ridiculous prices, with the same box photo .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Well i find woman s things quite helpfull on modeling as i used ladyies false finger nails for radar dishes on my nimitz an i asked jen to get me some when she was in the ladies bit but she forgot so i had to go in there an ask the girl at the counter where they were an well you should have seen the look she gave me oh i never foget that so embarrasing lol
chris

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Well i find woman s things quite helpfull on modeling as i used ladyies false finger nails for radar dishes on my nimitz an i asked jen to get me some when she was in the ladies bit but she forgot so i had to go in there an ask the girl at the counter where they were an well you should have seen the look she gave me oh i never foget that so embarrasing lol
chris
If that happens again Chris just tell them you are a classical guitarist.....they use them for finger style playing.

D

Deleted member 5496

I will buy one as long as a young lady depicted in the advert is included..:tongue-out3: If f not then the advert is dreafully misleading:rolling:

Laurie