" Hans, I tell you it's a Spitfeur!!!" 1/32 JU 87-B 'Stuka'

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Trying to clear a bit of a building log jam so here is yet another 21st Century Toys £1.99 Cost Cutter bargain buy... The Stuka. The same series as the ME109 I posted a thread for earlier this year.

A great no frills kit, good fun to make and paint. I painted it in the correct cammo. colours but I can't guarantee the historical accuracies of other bits, I just got it as close as I could. I know I could have added harnesses and such like but I wanted it done pretty handy, that's my excuse anyway!

All brush painted with Vallejo Model Colour acrylics and matt varnish and titchy bits with Humbrol enamels.

I painted the canopy frame freehand as I just couldn't face all that masking up!

Thanks to Steve ( Stona) for his help with crew colours.

I submit for your scrutiny one of the most ugliest aircraft ever!!

Thanks,

Ron

View attachment 22757

View attachment 22758

View attachment 22759

View attachment 22760

View attachment 22761

View attachment 22762

View attachment 22763

View attachment 22764

View attachment 22765

View attachment 22766

View attachment 22767

View attachment 22768

View attachment 22769

View attachment 22770

View attachment 22771

View attachment 22772

View attachment 22773

View attachment 22774

STUKA 009..jpg

STUKA 012..jpg

STUKA 004..jpg

STUKA 015..jpg

STUKA 011..jpg

STUKA 005..jpg

STUKA 010..jpg

STUKA 018..jpg

STUKA 014..jpg

STUKA 017..jpg

STUKA 006..jpg

STUKA 008..jpg

STUKA 007..jpg

STUKA 002..jpg

STUKA 016..jpg

STUKA 001..jpg

STUKA 003..jpg

STUKA 013..jpg

D

dubster72

I'm loving this one Ron, it's as good as your Me-109, if not better! You'd be hard-pressed to know that's all done with a hairy stick & I really like how you've preserved all the detail, something that's often difficult when brush-painting. And that nighttime shot is brilliant!

But where is this Costcutter place? It must be an Alladdins cave of good, cheap kits!

Patrick

F

Fenlander

Stunning build and paint job again Ron. Also the photography is your usual unique style which combines the model and reality so seamlessly, a rare talent. Picture 8 is just genius, no question about what the aircraft is, perfect viewpoint to show the Stuka's unique profile. Above the technique though, it tells a story, the cool Dawn waiting for the mission. Just love it. Has to be another 5 star rating Ron.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys for your complements, and the big 5, much appreciated..

Patrick, Costcutter is, as far as I know a Nationwide Cheapo outlet similar to Pound Stretcher and the like.

Cost Cutter were selling these kits at £1.99 a go middle of last year. Unfortunately, I believe 21st Century toys, the kit maker has since gone out of business, so no more cheap kits I'm afraid!

Graham, it was Scott's superb night time shots of his Dam Buster dio. that gave me the inspiration for photo 8. I just quietly supped a 'Boddies' until the right moment then click! I must confess to liking the result m'self.

Thanks again,

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You've done it again! Another smasher.

Gern

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Dave, I forgot to mention in my initial blurb about the crew....

After I had completed the model I tried to fit them into the cockpit, the gunner went in but it was impossible to get the pilot into his seat so on the wing they had to go. A bit daft I know, but I had to include them somehow!!

Ron

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ron mate, this is great! Brilliant job youve done , ive got a couple of these in the stash (had to get 2 , only 1.99! bargain!) I cant wait to start them now. You said you hand painted the canopy, well youve done it perfectly , never easy is it when theres loads of little windows!! As for the ugliest plane ever, wait till you see the one ive got in progress at the mo, the fieseler fi 167, its got to beat the stuka in the ugly/weird looking stakes- think of the offspring of a stuka and a swordfish and youll not be far out!!!!. anyway well done on a fine job ,i think you got your moneys worth out of it!! give that man a coconut! cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Hey fella, anudda cokanoot, tank you man!!

I do remember last year you mentioned getting a few of these £1.99ers. I have two still to do....An ME109 which I wouldn't mind having a go at in tropical /Desert at some time and the C 205 Veltro. I suspect both will gather cobwebs for a while just yet..

How's Cosford looking? Got your new wheels yet?

Cheers,

Ron

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Ron, what a fantastic model, and at £1.99 for a 1:32 - amazing....sort of kicks my £3.00 Revell into touch. However, ugly ? I for some odd reason, find the Stuka strangley attractive, well she certainly has unique looks and you have done a great job in bringing out her inner beauty !! Great job Ron

Colin M........

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Ron, what a fantastic model, and at £1.99 for a 1:32 - amazing....sort of kicks my £3.00 Revell into touch. However, ugly ? I for some odd reason, find the Stuka strangley attractive, well she certainly has unique looks and you have done a great job in bringing out her inner beauty !! Great job RonColin M........
Thanks for the nice comments Colin, but it is worth mentioning the price was a rediculous, end of line, liquidation offer.

The kit detail is superb but it is devoid of any moving surfaces and is very basic construction (just as well!!) but having said that, it does make up into a nice model, but not one for the purists of this world though... so your £3.00 Revell is far better value, so no more tears now!

Ron

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Hey fella, anudda cokanoot, tank you man!!I do remember last year you mentioned getting a few of these £1.99ers. I have two still to do....An ME109 which I wouldn't mind having a go at in tropical /Desert at some time and the C 205 Veltro. I suspect both will gather cobwebs for a while just yet..

How's Cosford looking? Got your new wheels yet?

Cheers,

Ron
Yes matey , im mobile again, i might borrow the missus' car for cosford though , its better on petrol than mine!!!

N

noble

Have to say Ron that i love this especially picure 8 most excellent in everyway mate a big five from me also.

scott

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Just got back from a nightmare 20 hr day and saw this. It's cheered me up no end. Very nice indeed. I saw the crew on the wing and thought it was a brilliant idea before I saw your explanation of why they were there! Still looks great though. I second all the above.

Cheers

Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Just got back from a nightmare 20 hr day and saw this. It's cheered me up no end. Very nice indeed. I saw the crew on the wing and thought it was a brilliant idea before I saw your explanation of why they were there! Still looks great though. I second all the above.Cheers

Steve
I'm glad it went some way to cheering you up Steve and thanks for your info.

My intention was to take some pictures with the crew aboard, then 'missing' and finally on the wing. I had thought of the caption as I was building the model, so on the wing was intentional....

Try as I might the pilot would not sit correctly, no idea why, the thing was built correctly but he was having none of it!!

Hey ho,

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Have to say Ron that i love this especially picure 8 most excellent in everyway mate a big five from me also.scott
Thanks for the praise Scott, much appreciated......Cosford on Sunday!!!!

Ron

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
The "Stuka at Dusk" is really stunning, Ron. I think its the most realistic model photograph I've ever seen. The brush painting really enhances the aged look of this aircraft. I love it! Take care, Jeff

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
The "Stuka at Dusk" is really stunning, Ron. I think its the most realistic model photograph I've ever seen. The brush painting really enhances the aged look of this aircraft. I love it! Take care, Jeff
Thanks for the nice comments Jeff. I am glad you like that particular photograph...so do I!!

You can take hundreds, but now and again a special one comes along. It is usually the one that you think has the least promise.

As a bonus, being a silhouette it hides my aircraft modelling short comings!!

Best wishes,

Ron

F

Fenlander

As a bonus, being a silhouette it hides my aircraft modelling short comings!!
Somebody give him a slap will you, I can't reach from here........... ;)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Somebody give him a slap will you, I can't reach from here........... ;)
Now Graham, you know full well I have my bouncy nurse for that!!!!!