HAPPY CAMPERS

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Out on the frozen Steppe, closing the ring on Stalingrad, well supplied and fed, a bit of time is spent getting some hot soup, sausage and black bread
on the menu while not so very far away their adversaries are starving, freezing and running out of petrol, ammo and time.

Another dio from the museum of relics and the almighty scrap box (which is dwindling by the way)
T 34 built by my son some years ago, already gave it the bent fender treatment.

Will have fun making sausage and bread from modeling clay and various tinned goodies.
They will be 'grillin n chillin' oh and some "liberated" wine and Vodka of coarse.:smiling4:100_9884 (3).JPG100_9886 (2).JPG100_9887 (2).JPG100_9890 (2).JPG

Last pic of "Super KV" for next and simultaneous project "Bear Necessities"

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice grouping Jim. I can smell the beans and bangers already:smiling3:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jim
Sounds like a plan. Feel cold already so definitely need soup.
Jim

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
:face-with-head-bandage:
Jim,
Looking good will follow this along.
Thanks Paul, nice to have you aboard, though we're climbing out of winter here it is still snowy and nasty.
I figured I would cling a bit myself to the cold and miserable.
Though it's not too bad for these fellows, stuffed with American and British vitals and not to mention local treats and with the brutal cold nothing out of the ordinary for these hearty though vicious souls :angry:, the Germans are in real trouble. :flushed:

Am pondering a parallel universe kind of dio-duo of the exact opposite situation for the Wehrmacht with miserable conditions and great privation and suffering .:cold-sweat: :face-with-head-bandage:

Just a thought:thinking:

Reactions: JR

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
UPDATE:

Getting conception and positioning worked out.
Experimented in a corner with some white, want to make an iron hard rutty frozen solid ground work with just the wisp or two of snowy effect here and there.

Sub-zero F temps and cutting winds don't allow for much build up, not that this motley crew would notice.
Plenty to eat and most importantly DRINK!

I am in the mental concept stage of the opposing scenario dio and am gleefully butchering-er-creating another cast of not so fortunate souls 100_9898 (2).JPG100_9898 (3).JPG100_9900 (5).JPG100_9900 (6).JPG100_9901 (2).JPG100_9901 (3).JPG100_9903 (2).JPG100_9904 (2).JPG100_9905 (3).JPG
facing the Juggernaut.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Jim, I am LOVING this! If it is not to late to make a suggestion and on the outside guess that the burn barrel is hollow, what would you say to a low voltage flickering fire light to add a little warmth to this already fantastic scene? Cheers, Rick H.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Jim, I am LOVING this! If it is not to late to make a suggestion and on the outside guess that the burn barrel is hollow, what would you say to a low voltage flickering fire light to add a little warmth to this already fantastic scene? Cheers, Rick H.
Thanks Rick, definitely something to consider.

Jim

• Wow
Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Definitely need a little fire to keep warm by... Cheers, Rick H.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Very cold looking Jim.:thumb2:
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Definitely need a little fire to keep warm by... Cheers, Rick H.
Thanks guys, getting mentally into the cold setting, especially since we are still pretty much snow covered here.
Ripped bonnet off and will search the scraps for something to represent a rudimentary engine of some sort in halftrack,
Please don't hold me to technicalities concerning it, lord knows how I'll make it up.

Blown off Panzer turret will get some detailing and set in soon.

Just used some white craft paint with an eye shadow brush and went to dabbing about.
Long, long way to go but I needed to set the temperature so to speak.

Hope all are liking progress so far, it's a load of fun doing this one.
Will have some basis of opposing dio up soon as soon as I can think up a properly dramatic name.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
this is a very good idea,Rick,
but how dose one wire it up,is what always get,s me,not hiding to wire,to power,:rolling:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Count me in Jim.
For me what not to like !esp like the ground detail you can feel the cold just looking .
John .

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
liking this one a lot,Jim,sorry late in on it,love what your done with the ,t-34,real like the adds to it,
very nice grouping of guys as well,like the base a lot to look at and each time see somethink else,
looking good

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Very nice work Jim! Sure looks cold ; D
Cheers,
Steven