Happy st George's day :)

F

frame69

I live in Cornwall but was created in England so cheers from me too.

Frame.

P

Polux

Happy St.George's day to all!!

In fact, here, St.Gerorge's day and the Book's day are the same, is just each one celebrate at his own :P

Anyway, has been an excellent day

We should wait for the next year :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Happy St. George's Day to all. Cheers Derek

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
A belated happy St Georges Day, I had forgotten about it, where I lived on Portland (Dorset) for 30 years ish :confused:, being a lump in the English Channel! It's one of those dates that slips us humans by, most celebrated non rabbit (...oops! Best change that to bunny! o_O) day...weirdos!!! :P

Lee :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ummm good catch, :confused: Polux was meant to be Alan, :oops: so maybe a take 2 on that one ha ,

Happy St. George's Day to all, and you Alan :rolleyes:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Happy St.George's day to all!!In fact, here, St.Gerorge's day and the Book's day are the same, is just each one celebrate at his own :P

Anyway, has been an excellent day

We should wait for the next year :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:
Isn't St George the patron saint of Catalonia as well as England (and various others)?

Steve

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Isn't St George the patron saint of Catalonia as well as England (and various others)?Steve
Yes Steve he is probably because he was Turkish , I think it turkey they hand out red roses to celerbrate him :smiling3:

L

Laurie

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27048219

An interesting article regarding the Palestinians who also are at least some regarding him as a hero. Also fascinating as they use the cross of St George as well.

Little Prince Baby George has a lot on his plate to live up to.

Laurie

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Yes Steve he is probably because he was Turkish , I think it turkey they hand out red roses to celerbrate him :smiling3:
I've read that he was from modern day Syria or Palestine, but of Greek origin......but who knows if he actually even existed. As far as I know dragons didn't exist at the time :smiling3:

The hagiography of saints is not an exact science, no offence to any 'believers'.

Cheers

Steve

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I've read that he was from modern day Syria or Palestine, but of Greek origin......but who knows if he actually even existed. As far as I know dragons didn't exist at the time :smiling3: The hagiography of saints is not an exact science, no offence to any 'believers'.

Cheers

Steve
Yeah it's a strange one but I like to think of him as the patron saint of son in laws lol

P

Polux

\ said:
Isn't St George the patron saint of Catalonia as well as England (and various others)?Steve
Exactly Steve, He is our Patron as well ;)

Regards

Polux

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Fantastic Polux, a book that would grace any library :smiling3:

Steve